We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry Visa and Exit Tax

Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Entry Visa and Exit Tax

Can anyone confirm the exact amount we will have to pay in $ for entry visa ad exit tax. Thank you.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

Hi Dilly1997, You can apply before you go if you want ...

kenyahighcommission.net/khccontent/images/pd…

Cost is currently £30, so you save nothing, other than peace of mind knowing its done and you don't have to deal with the issue on arrival at Kenya. Although you will still have to wait for your entire bus to have their Visa's, so its not necessarily any quicker having them done in Britain.

Andrew.

Leigh
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

I have just bought my visa for kenya i go in March. It is pretty straight forward download application form , complete it go to post office get a pre paid envelope for the return of your passports, a postal order for £60 made payable to Kenyan High Commission. It cost me £80 in all, passports take about a week to be returned. Hope this helps.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

It's true, there's some peace of mind in getting your visa in advance, but also some resentment at having to get some passport photos, pay extra for the secure postage and then call the high commission or embassy asking where it is*. If you've got several months and don't need your passport, then by all means get it in advance. If you're going in a few weeks, save yourself the hassle and the extra money and do it on arrival.

Richard Trillo

* not always…

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

£80 when it only costs £30 on arrival! Good grief! Personally I hate parting with my passport and would only ever do so if there was no alternative.......

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

To be fair, maxwellleigh was talking about two passports.

Richard Trillo

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

When I came through Nairobi Immigration two weeks ago there was only one person in the queue to buy a visa and I was through in 3 minutes (beating my record set the previous time I came through of 5 minutes). Ironically there were about 20 people in the queue for people who already had visas.

Mind you if you are entering the country at Mombasa the queue for people already having a visa is a lot shorter and quicker than the one for people needing visas but getting through Immigration quicker doesn't mean you won't still be waiting for your bags

17. Re: Entry Visa and Exit Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 05:15