We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Diani beach and then doing a 5 day safari,or the other way around

What I would like to know is this what star of hotel is best, for good accomodation not shabby

What is there to do outside the hotel at the resort

Is there bars shops that you can walk to

Is it safe to walk around at night

any recommendations on hotel/ safari would be good

Have allready been quoted £2000, to go to Nairobi first for 8 nights and then fly to Mombasa staying at papillion Lagoon Reed 3* all inc, but it seems a long trip in the 4X4 to get to the Masi

Looking at going in November for 14 nights, never been before so open to all suggestions, and normally we like to go walk about visit places, and cant stand these tours, any advice please

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

I highly recommend DSR, having stayed there twice. It's AI, great food & very good rooms. As for safari, Tsavo NP is apprx 3 hour drive from Diani. From Diani, there's also Wasini for dolphin watching, snorkelling.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

Hi thanks for posting is DSR a hotel?

3 hours is a good drive, on the one i had been quoted it was a long drive to get to each location, not into that

What is the area like for going out to bars, are there any?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

When you say Diani Beach resort, i thought you were referring to Diani Sea Resort.

...or am i missing something ?

Plenty of bars in Diani,,like 40 thieves.

Shimba Hills NP , 30 mins drive form Diani but not much wildlife there.

What kind of a hotel are you looking for in Diani ?

Edited: 29 May 2013, 13:44
Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

I looked up DSR, and you were right it looks fantastic hotel, great reviews, just spoken to thompson about that holiday and am waiting for a total price, for a upgraded room, and the safari price in Tsavo NP, looking for a hotel thats got some life nice pool and rooms, on the beach ok food

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

Yep - DSR is superb & good value for money. It's good idea to go for AI,this way you can drink (& eat) all you want & as much as you want.

Another hotel in the same sort of calibre with DSR is Ocean Village Resort in Diani.

Edited: 29 May 2013, 15:17
6. Re: Advise please on Diani beach resort and safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17