We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

I have messaged several people who have been leaving reviews on the baobab beach resort regarding the evening dress code.

Some people have said strictly no jeans allowed, some people are saying Jeans are fine.

I usually wear Jeans, Shoes and a shirt at evening times on holiday (which looks smart) I'm trying to establish if this is acceptable or not.

Any help truly appreciated - John.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

Hi John, jeans are fine as long as they are long! Although you may find denim jeans a bit hot to wear, my hubby tends to wear linen trousers or chinos. Definitely no shorts and I'm not sure you'd get away with cut-offs/cropped either...I've even seen "young" men wearing a sarong "Beckham-style" over their shorter length trousers.

We're off for our 3rd stay in September :-)

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll see if I can help you :-) When do you go?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

Thanks Wendy, I only wear full length Jeans usually, trousers arent an issue but as I wear a suit to work day in day out Jeans feel a little more casual (but still smart)

I'm off in February but just making sure I get everything right before I go.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 22:32
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,388 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

You may well find jeans a bit warm then, February / March is the hottest time of the year

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

Hi John, as Doff has said it will be the hottest time in Kenya so it might be worth investing in a pair or two of linen or lighter weight casual trousers while they are still in the shops here...in another month or two the shops will start getting they're autumn/winter stock in...believe me I've struggled to get things in July in the past for an August holiday!

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

i came back recently and my partner is a jeans man and jeans were fine, as long as longs are worn it doesnt matter what they are made of. but be warned he will be made to wear a sarong if hes in shorts !!

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

I saw that happen last year too Sharon...but they were young-ish Italian stallions and managed to carry it off quite nicely :-)

7. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Dress Code Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:15