We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rates

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston, lancs
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Exchange rates

What is the exchange rate currently for Gbp and where is the best place to get money changed close to sentido Neptune paradise in Diani beach area, thanks

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Exchange rates

I assume there will be plenty of places to exchange money in Nairobi?

We've been given a few hundred pounds in wedding gifts early, so that we could exchange it. I don't want to lose out, but I also don't want to be carrying around a wedge of notes in Nairobi.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exchange rates

Yes you will see exchange booths in shopping centres and streets. They usually have an electronic board up with all the currency rates displayed on them. Don't change with hawkers on the street as they will do their level best to rip you off.

Portsmouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Exchange rates

Can we use a debit card at the foprex?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Exchange rates

We always use the Wanati Forex Bureaux or Barclays Bank at the Barclays Shopping centre and as above poster says a short diistance from your hotel.

Tel of Wanati is 0403202661/0726925090

I am sure but not 100% there is also a forex just beside Nakumatt store in Diani.. My husband has gone there but may be the Wanati.(the same one)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Exchange rates

Yes. We use visa debit. And my husband has a different bank from mine. Both Scottish.

16. Re: Exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:19