We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diani , shimini and activities ????

ibadan
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
diani , shimini and activities ????

hello frnds..

i am planning to spend 5 days on the coast..

mombassa 1 day, Diani 2 days and shimoni 2 days...

but i am really confused...

can some body help me with my program ? like where to dive ?where to go for fish game ?where to go for snorkeling ? where to go for surfing?

even i am still looking for an affordable place to stay in Diani ?and a company that offer these activities.

thanks

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: diani , shimini and activities ????

I think if you are spending a day here and a couple of days there, you will find yourself packing, unpacking, waiting at the receptions and organising your transport more than having time to do what you want, especially as all activities start early in the morning! My advice will be to choose one place and have it as your base. From there you can do whatever you want. Here are some names for you on the South Coast (Diani, Galu, Shimoni)

Snorkelling/dolphins/Kisite Marine Park: Charlie Claws and Pilli Pipa

Diving: Kenya Marine and Diving the Crab

Deep sea fishing: Majik Sports Fishing and Get Hooked

You will have more chances to do all these if you stay in one place.

Also, what are your planning to stay in Mombasa for a day for? Old Town and Fort Jesus - 2 - 2.5 hours tops, do it on the way to or from the South Coast. There is nothing more really in town.

Good luck planning!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Northants
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: diani , shimini and activities ????

Diving the Crab are great. nice boats. well maintained gear plenty of staff on dives and some really nice dive sites. After seeing the way they run things and some photos of the turtles my mrs got the dive bug and did her open water with them a couple of weeks ago (It has only taken 17 years to get her to do it )

chris

3. Re: diani , shimini and activities ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach