We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Diani beach

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
weather in Diani beach

can any one tell me what the weather is like at the moment, I arrive on Tuesday and the forecasts I've seen is rain.

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
Level Contributor
998 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Diani beach

I just checked and I'm seeing mixed sun and cloud forecast from Tuesday onward.

I have been visiting here a long time and rain is rare in February. If it happens it is likely to come in the form of a few short but heavy downpours at night. In the unlikely event it rains during the day, it should also be brief. Consider it a blessing!

One other thing worth noting is that at this time of year, it is common for mornings to be cloudy, but for the sun to disperse the cloud by lunch time. Afternoons are usually intensely sunny.

2. Re: weather in Diani beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 10:57
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in Diani beach

Slap on the sun cream even when it's cloudy as you can still burn.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in Diani beach

I'm also going to be arriving Tuesday and have been reading the same forecasts about heavy thunderstorms and rain practically every day over the past couple of weeks and for the next 10 days on the long forecast so reading these replies has made me very happy - I will get that tan after all :-)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in Diani beach

Don't take any notice of the weather forecasts you see in the UK lots of people post on here worried by weather forecasts when in reality we are often baking in the sun. The weather forecasts are based on mathematical models, and percentage probabilities, when it says rain or thunderstorms it just means there is a certain percentage chance of there being a shower or a thunderstorm somewhere in the area at some point within the 24 hours, and showers here can be very localised, I can be talking to my friend on the phone and one of us can be having a torrential downpour while the other is still in bright sun and we live less than a mile apart.

I'm a few miles up the coast. It's true we have had quite a few cloudy mornings recently but we've only had rain once in the last 5 or 6 weeks and that was overnight a couple of nights ago. A couple of nights before that it had rained on one beach but there wasn't a drop on the next beach a mile or two away and we were bone dry. I did hear some thunder in the distance yesterday and a friend was telling me he saw some spectacular lightning well inland a day or two ago so the general area forecasts may be technically correct.

If the mornings have been cloudy the sun has usually come out by midday. We have had quite a few breezy days occasionally getting up into a wind but generally that has been a blessing because we are in the hottest time of year.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in Diani beach

Thank you for your replies, hopefully I will be laying on the sunbed by 1 o clock.

7. Re: weather in Diani beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:17