We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet memories

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sweet memories

Has anybody stayed at this villa

Also what is rag aka like to stay

First visit to Cyprus

Is it similar to Greece especially kefalonia as we love it,,,

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet memories

Hi Julie

Sorry no one has responded to your post, and I'm afraid I don't know that villa.

Argaka is a tiny place and pretty isolated. You would need a car - if only to get to and from the airport.

Cyprus isn't like the Greek islands at all.

Trisha

Polis, Cyprus
Level Contributor
178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet memories

The Villa looks lovely on the James Website but it is a little isolated looking at the map, but if you want peace and quiet I would imagine it fits the bill...As Trisha says Argaka is a fairly small place but it does have a couple of nice eateries and Kiosks to do your shopping. Polis is about a 10 minute drive down the road where you will find a large supermarket and plenty of Restaurants, Latchi Harbour is a further 10 minutes down the road where again there are some nice Restaurants and of course the harbour. You will definitely need a car...Although nothing like a Greek Island I do prefer this side of Cyprus (I live just outside Polis) as it still has a feel of old Cyprus...Some lovely views over the Bay and glorious sunsets...

Bolton le Sands...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet memories

Hi Julie M.,

We are going to this villa for a fortnight this weekend. I will let you know. I agree with Hudswell about the area. We have been here before to another villa at the other side of Argaka, north. We had a wonderful, peaceful, tranquil holiday together which is why we are returning to the area.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet memories

Thank you for responding.

It looks lovely on the website & am interested in finding out.

Hope you have a lovely hol & look forward from hearing from you.

Julie

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweet memories

Hi

How was your stay at sweet memories.

Good or bad I would be interested to know, also how and what you like about cuprous.

We have stayed in quite a few James villas of late & have to say have been a little disappointed!

Kindest

Julie

Bolton le Sands...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweet memories

Sorry for the delay. I' be been busy since we got back. In short it's a wonderful villa and in a great location for privacy, peace and quiet, apart from a few noises from goats and chickens during the day :-) We would recommend it and go again but preferably not stuffed into a Thomson cattle truck there and back. I will post more details at the weekend.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweet memories

Thank you very much

Oxford, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweet memories

Hi

Unsure this post will be of any help at all, however:

I have just this Sunday got back from a week at Sweet Memories Villa in Argaka.

I have to say, the villa is wonderful, the location is a little out BUT if you are looking for complete peace and quiet and not to be sharing your holiday with any big hotels, masses of package holiday makers then this has to be your spot!

The pool is wonderful and perfectly clean, also is bigger than the pictures I thought. The gardens of the property are very well established making the villa completely secluded and private. Inside the villa is spacious and will have everything you need for your stay.

Views from the main double room balcony are of the local fields and then the sea in the distance, pretty evenings watching the sun go down were very pleasant.

The owners are extremely helpful and kind and will pop their heads around the gate to say Hi and to check that all is well during your stay. They are not intrusive at all.

The village has a couple of small restaurants, one right beside the see: Saint Barbara and the other along the road a little called Liza’s which is just over the road from the sea. You can still see and hear the waves from the restaurant.

Liza’s restaurant is definitely the place to go if you fancy going for a local dinner just minutes from the villa. The owners are very friendly and the food was very very good. Simple, tasty Cypriot food….. What more could you ask for.

There are a few local supermarkets in the village along with a bakery and are all easy to find.

The only thing about the location and villa is that it will be essential that you hire a car.

All in all, we had a fantastic week at Villa Sweet memories and would happily go back again without any hesitation.

Bolton le Sands...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweet memories

Julie M,

I agree with everything HieSawyer says above. We had a couple of issues when we arrived but our rep was helpful. The owners were pleasant.

The pool was great.

We also got regular visits from lizards and by the end of our fortnight we had given most of them names as they all had regular patrol areas. I took load s of photos. If anyone wants a few just private message me and i will email you a few.

The beauty of the location was that there was always one part of the grounds where you could find sun or shade and the views from the upstairs balconies and downstairs from the patio at the rear were wonderful.

The bakers mentioned was excellent. The bread and doughnuts fresh and delicious.

We ate at Halfway House and Liza's place but we had three evenings at a place on the beach whose name escapes me (I'll edit it in when i remember). The food was OK but the staff were very friendly and you could sit virtually on the beach whilst you ate and watch the sunset.. The draught ice cold KEO was excellent there as well.

If you are feeling energetic and either go outside the summer period or get up very early early there is a 5 km or so walk up to the Argaka dam nearby that is enjoyable. You don't need to be super fit. We walked it in a morning in late June and two of us drunk four litres of water in the couple of hours it took at a leisurely pace. We should have started an hour earlier than we did!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sweet memories

Yes stayed in Sept 2014. A bit of a mixed bag really. It is marketed as a Best of James villa but compared to others I have stayed in, it isn't. Very remote setting - end of a dirt track and nearest villa 200 metres away and can't be seen. Quiet - apart form dog pound immediately below it with dogs barking all the time, goats bleating and chickens and cockrels calling (you can't see any of these, just hear them). Nice garden with lizards and the odd snake. Nice pool. Villa a bit old and tired inside - needs new sofas, and curtains. Outside furniture poor - worn and old. Kitchen not brilliant. Showers quite small and not luxury. Lots of cobwebs! Many outside lights don't work which is a shame at night as it could be pretty.

Argaka isn't anything much. A strip of beach and beach bars - nothing else. Nice view of sea with turtle nesting sights, but nothing to do. Bars are very average. Brown, rocky, dusty, dirty - typically greek. If you like that sort of thing, fine, but it isn't really for me.

Get answers to your questions about Argaka
Recent Conversations
More Argaka Topics