We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster prices

chesterfield
7 posts
Save Topic
Lobster prices

Hi

Coming to arillas in Sept and wondered if anyone knew whether any of the restaurants serve lobster and if so how much are they?

Recently returned from Parga and the average was between 80 & 100 euro per lobster!

Thanks, Amanda

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster prices

sold by thee kilo , but very expensive /////

Was told by kassioppi fisherman that they are scarce this year due to colder waters in the area till easter

Roda resort had lobster advertised at 80 euro , kilo , but in Corfu town we read 118euro a kilo

afraid we stuck to the swordfish, and sole ..........sole and prawns at Venitsa taverna in sidari 8 euro//// great dish.......

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster prices

Have to say Moonpig...we also stuck to swordfish in Sidari.....it was really nice!

I'm afraid the lobster was too far out of our reach....Oh well.... there is always the Lottery, I suppose.....lol

Fi x

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster prices

Well I for one will be not paying for lobsters, my husband is out every week diving, weather permitting, brought home 9 today! Must admit he has been doing this 4 20 years plus and I never get sick of lobster!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster prices

Last year I saw lobster prices between 65€ a kg on Astypalea and 100€ a kg on Naxos. The high price is one, but the worst is they destroy it by putting it into a heavy tomato sauce and loads of spaghetti.

chesterfield
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster prices

thank you all. Think I'll be sticking to Bream!!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster prices

Sea Bream in Vavilas (aka Thomas's) Fish restaurant is to die for...and close on it's tails is Sea Bream at Graziella!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g775935-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g775935-…

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster prices

Hi can any body tell me if you can get hake in sidari thanks pete

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster prices

Oooooh....Diana.....I'll be around to your place in a jiffy...!! keep one for me.....lol

Fi

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster prices

Go see Thomas at Vavillas as Arillas said previously. Also does Monkfish to die for !

Edited: 18 July 2013, 12:48
norfolk
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster prices

Hi Fi, he has been diving today and got 4 lobsters in the fridge, lobster rolls for lunch tomo!

If u ever coming Norwich way, let me know, and I will make sure there is one in the freezer for u, if no fresh one available!!!

Edited: 18 July 2013, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Arillas
Recent Conversations