We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

Hi is there many excursions I can do from Arillas looking to book for next year thanks Pete

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

Hi Pete,

From a local company, to give you an idea of what's available if you're not heading out under your own steam. Having stayed without a car on one occasion, I used the company for an evening trip to Corfu Town. The price was very reasonable, and they were pleasant to deal with

www.arillastravel.gr/index.php…

Edited: 17 June 2014, 22:00
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

Hi we have just returned. There seemed to be quite a few excursions from the local travel shops in the village....Albania, Corfu Town, The smaller islands inc Mathraki, Paxos, Paleokatritsa...

We went to Paxos with Akrokal Travel (that spelling may be incorrect). 30 euro per person, bus collected us in Arillas took us to Corfu Town where we got boat to Anti Paxos where you can swim then on to Paxos where we had around 2 hours free time. It is a long day although great value for money, our mini bus was very high quality and the driver was very professional. The owner of the shop was very pleasant and helpful. I want to go back to Paxos as that trip was just a taster! We also hired a car ourselves and took the coastal road to the North East of the island (only takes about 1 hour or so non stop to other side from Arillas) and we also visited the 'ghost village' of old Perithia - this was a highlight of our holiday. We made our own way to Paleokatritsa, roads did take some getting used to but it isnt a very long journey - doing it ourselves meant we could stop in the villages along the way for refreshments. I do understand that hiring a car is not suitable for everyone though.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

Can you do Old Perithia with any of the travel agents, really keen to do this without having to hire car.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips

Im not sure dianasmith...Ill have a look for you and let you know if I find anything. There were people arriving in groups so I assume someone must offer it. If I find out anything Ill let you know!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
120 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips

Mount pantokator (spelling may be incorrect) and Old Perithia trip advertised on arillas travel! I would be surprised if other companies do not offer it! Enjoy it-fascinating place!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips

Thank you so much LJ_2010 am really happy about ttat information!

7. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Arillas
Recent Conversations