We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

Which Cavelossim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancs
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

Staying in Mobor at the end of November, Only been to North Goa previously so first trip to south. From reading other posts, Agonda looks looks like a must see beach. (And possibly cola and palolem) Whats the best way to travel and anyone any idea how long a journey it might be? Boyfriend fancies hiring bikes but bit scared to be honest!!!!

Was also looking at stopping a few nights in Agonda at Coco Huts but willing to follow advice........Thanks

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

I am presuming that you will hire a scooter. From Cavelossim get the ferry across the river Sal. when you get to the village with a fine market ask for the coast road ... a wrong turning here could lead you astray. Keep following the road for about an hour. you'll go through one village which is a bit of a locals blackpool but after that it will just be small villages all the way. from memory you'll pass Canguinem, Khola, (stop and visit the large temple visible from the road down on the right) Saleri then Agonda. Near Agonda you come to a large bridge with lots of fishermen hanging around below. After this there is what appears to be a footbridge over a little river ... cross this and follow the track through the village of Agonda. if you miss this you'll have to carry on for a while through another village and eventually turn right not long after the football field ... the junction is signed for St Anne's School. This road will bring you into the heart of the village and the church/school. You can go left or right depending where you have accommodation booked. The 3k beach is obvious.

There will not be much traffic on the coast roads.

I have stayed at the Royal Palm for years. It's simple, well priced and they expected to have a top chef this season.

Any questions please ask. I've stayed in Agonda for 10 years now.

Phil

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

If you want to get there in just over an hour, take a taxi. Can't remember quite how much we paid to Patnem at Easter but think it was about £10 or so. We stopped along the way to get a close look at some cashew trees in fruit and a field of watermelons too. If you want you journey to take longer, catch a bus to Margao and then take a bus to Palolem - you can then get a tuk tuk to Agonda which is fairly close.

Wouldn't dream of travelling on a bike myself - the road along which you travel is the main road that leads down to Kerala. It's quite windy (in the sense of being crooked, rather than the weather!) and hilly - the traffic charges along in both directions, lots of lorries and buses. When we came back last time, there was an overturned bus where there had been an earlier fatal accident, the married couple on the scooter had been killed when a long distance bus to or from Karnataka apparently crossed the lane. I think that people on the bus were also fatally injured.

Afraid I can't help you out with recommendations for Agonda, but there's no shortage of places in Palolem and you can just turn up and look at what's on offer and find a place you like the look and price of. There's a nice little market along the main street in Palolem - gorgeous felted wool Nepali handbags and other crafty bits and pieces, a good Tibetan craft shop too. Personally, prefer the northern end of Palolem beach as it's a bit quieter - the beach restaurants are very good all along Palolem beach and there's a real mix of ages, nationalites and backgrounds so it makes for a really laid back place.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,447 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

I'd get a taxi too. We stayed at the Madhu Cocohuts in Agonda for a night and travelled by taxi from Cavelossim stopping off at the fort at Cabo da Rama on the way down which has lovely views down the coast. I think we paid about 1000 rp for the taxi down and 650 rp back though that was in Feb 07.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

Biking in Goa is fun...........

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

I'm with Londonraffles and Gemma on this one. A taxi shouldn't cost you too much and then you can just chill out when you get to Agonda. If you click on my name then I have written some about Agonda in a trip report...I wouldn't worry about booking accommodation. Travel light, just walk along the beach until you see somewhere that takes your fancy and see if it's available. You'll definitely find somewhere and the finding it is part of the fun!

Lancs
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

Cheers everyone. They are all great replies. I am definitely persuaded by the taxi idea although the other half might feel differently!

Good to know Agonda and Palolem so close as would rather stay in one place and travel by tuk tuk between the two so don't have to keep moving house!

7 weeks to go. Can't wait!

7. Re: Travel from Cavelossim/Mobor to Agonda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations