We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook

halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomas Cook

Going back to DS in just over 2 weeks...this time going with Thomas Cook-which is a first-can any one tell me what their on board entertainment is like & Do they provide headphones.I'm guessing they sell the upgrades to the latest films , if any, but just tryign to get my family organised!!!!

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook

its our first time in goa staying at ds go 2 wk today, do men have to wear long trousers at dinner, and are strappy dresses ok at nite, dont wana get bitten to death

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook

They sell headphones (free in Premium). Small choice of films but all start at the same time, so you can't decide when you want to watch or pause etc. The headphones require twin plug although you may get one channel if you take a your own with a single plug. Also have around 8 music channels. Had the Facebook film on and Reds in Feb but can't remember any others sorry.

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook

Hya they sell the two pin headphones in Asda for less than a £1.00 .

halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook

Thank you...just going to Asda so will check them out!!

halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook

The dress code is very relaxed...as is everything in Goa! My husbands usually packs both and strappy dresses will be fine! This is our 3rd time to DS & we NEVER go back to places!!! There are mozzys around & we have been bitten but to be honest you need to worry more about your legs!! The hotel provide anti moz things but the local chemist has osimoz...and we've found it really good! You will have a fantastic time and if you bump into Anil aka Bobby at beach shack shade...send him our love!

London
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook

There is no dress code for dinner at the DS. My husband used to wear 3/4 length trousers (these helped keep the mossies away), but strappy tops etc. are fine - just make sure you are protected against the mossies. Have a great time - I'm jealous.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook

Hi mistymoo, TC have back seat screens and roll the films round so although yes they do start at the same time, they are on more than once. You can upgrade for newer films, I think it was about £7, you can also get a playstation.

Harriersrunner, evenings are casual in Goa, strappy dresses are fine but make sure you have a good mossie repellant. We always use one with 50% deet and dont get bitten at all but you cant get that strength in Goa, some people swear by the local repellant but it does nothing for me at all.

wales
Level Contributor
617 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook

At hte D.S. just don't wear shorts in the restaurant at night. O.K. for breakfast and lunch. For ladies just wear anything you like. Flowing dresses seemed to be more prevelent this year, Most of the ladies seemed to dress up for dinner, particularly at the mama mia and K & K restaurant. All very relaxed throughout.As rehgards mosis. the hotel spray around grounds and rooms once a week. If you have a problem just go to housekee4ping and they will make a special visit for you. Thery will also give you a can to spray yourselfif you wish.

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook

hey thanks for the replies, strappy dresses it is then, husband only takes shorts but they are dressy ones, not what you would wear round the pool so hope that will be fine, 12 sleeps to go :)

London
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook

Dressy shorts are fine at night - my husband used to wear them - as I said though, just make sure you're well protected from the mossies. Also it's a good idea to carry mossie repellent during the day. We found ourselves staying out later in the day than anticipated and got bitten to pieces. After a few drinks we didn't think or worry about protecting ourselves and woke the next morning covered in bites!

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations