We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa nightmare

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visa nightmare

going to dona sylvia 29th jan first timers.omg visa application so complecated any advice on how to pay iv printed out application and cant get back to payment?so much to do just to get there what with visa ,inoculations ,malarier tabs need reasurance its all going to be worth it coz been looking forword to it for ages!!!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa nightmare

Blimey, calm down. Deep breaths!

You can always pay by postal order if you can't get back on to pay. I know this has been an issue for quite a few people, and I'm sure they'll be along to help shortly.

UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa nightmare

Honeydog, there is a visa guide 2011 by Meercat20 which is extremely helpful, thanks Meercat, just hope I manage to do mine with out any hiccups, a bit too early yet for me, good luck

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa nightmare

Withstanding that your post is not about this particular issue,you are applying,in my view too early,could run into probs if you get issued a 3 month visa.Sally.x.

SEAFORD EAST SUSSEX
Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa nightmare

We are going to the Dona Sylvia the week after you and we are going to apply for ours early December. Last year we only got a 3 month Visa which expired while we were there. We then had to pay for another one so better to be safe than sorry.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: visa nightmare

thanks for your replies but isn,t the visa for 6 months.just thought id get a head start.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa nightmare

It is possible that you might only get a 3 month one.I am going the 8th of January, and got mine back today for 6 months...but....you never know...suppose it depends how your nerves are.

SEAFORD EAST SUSSEX
Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa nightmare

Yes most people get a visa for 6 months but for some unknown reason we just got 3 months. Our holiday dates were put on the form but they did not seem to look at those. We ended up going to Hayes to VFS and were told that we had to pay for another one. Seems as though other people have been unlucky as well. I would sooner get it done and done with but "once bitten, twice shy".

Good luck anyway.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: visa nightmare

how long after you print off can u send?when does it start when they issue or the date u apply?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa nightmare

You can send it whenever you like and visa is valid from the date they receive it.

I have heard of a few people getting 3 month visas last year but havent heard of ANY yet this year.

Seems to be a lot of scaremongering going around.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: visa nightmare

thank you badgerlad maybe ill just hang on a bit at least iv got the form done and i think i ill pay by postal order .

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations