We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Food

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Food

Can anyone advise if any of the supermartkets in Cavelossim/Goa sell Gluten Free Bread/products?

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Food

Not sure about the bread, but if you stick to the local food im sure you wont be eating any gluten, as they only use fresh produce .

Wales
Level Contributor
706 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Food

Coeliac Society (India) might be a good point for advise:

Email:

ikhosla2006@yahoo.co.in

celiacsociety@gmail.com

celiacsocietyindia@gmail.com

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Food

Thanks to both replies, have been twice before to Goa and have carried bread with me, thought the enquiry would save me some luggage space! As you say as far as most of the food in Goa is concerned there is no problem, one of the best places we have travled to for my diet.

Eddy, I will checkout the websites you have suggested.

Thanks again

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Food

Hi

Not sure if you are staying at a B*B or one of the hotels, but in any case, ask your hosts. I'm sure you're not the first person to travel to Goa with a food preference, and I know the chefs will all do all they can to accommodate any specific dietary requirements.

Just ask or - better still - email your needs in advance. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Cheers♥

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free Food

Thanks Wirralite, will do that. Staying at Holiday Inn, B & B, always plenty to eat but do like a bit of toast!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten Free Food

Hi

Well, you're staying at a lovely hotel with good standards so I feel sure they'll be able to accommodate your gluten free needs at the Holiday Inn. After all, they have a fancy coffee shop there with delicious home made cakes I believe, so you'd expect they'd have the baking skills if you just give them some notice. Keep my fingers crossed for you anyway - toast is a must on holday!

Have a great time - we'll be in Arrosim ourselves in a few weeks and are very much looking forward to returning to Goa.

Cheers♥

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten Free Food

Maybe not such a good idea to ask about the cakes!!!!.

Five weeks until we go, so not long now for us. cant wait, reading all the reviews and messages just makes us want to be there now!

Enjoy your's too.

8. Re: Gluten Free Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations