We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

leicester
Level Contributor
337 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

Hi everyone

I've just been reading about the return flight nightmare at Dabolim airport ... about queing for this and queing for that also about everyone and his dog trying to get money out of you!!

can anyone tell me what all this is about and what we're going to expect

also what do we have to pay for ? is it a case of everyman for himself or is there propper signs or airport staff there to help you??

we leave Goa on tuesday 10th april at 08.30 am do we still need to be there 3 hours before we leave on our return journey??

so can anyone shed any light on the airport situation and do's and don'ts : )

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

It's worse than bad lol

Don't be fooled by the guys telling you can't take rupees into departures and to exchange them before you go through as there are shops and a cafe in there!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

I flew from Goa to Mumbai last Monday and I did not find anything overwhelming at Daoblin airport.

You can expect a security check at the entrence and then a calm hall to check in and to wait. Some cafeterias and one restaurant were you can spend your time.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

You do queue a lot, usually outside at first. They scan your cases then through to immigration oh and they do a bit of scan of you behind a curtain! It can get a bit manic if there are other flights going at the same time. You will need a few rupees if you want drinks etc when you get through. Its not very big so just go with the flow.

Wirral
Level Contributor
728 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

Its one mean hellhole IMHO, but well worth it !!

Regards

bb

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

It can be a bit daunting for a first timer but do not let it stress you too much.

It all depends how many flights are leaving at the same time.

As you pull up someone will try to grab your bags for the ten yard walk to the security checkpoint. Tell them to sod off.

Once inside the terminal the only problem if its busy is finding the back of the check in queue.

We have learned a valuable lesson over the years and if you have the nerve you can pull it off too..

We turn up about an hour and a quarter before the flight leaves. That way 90% of the flight is checked in leaving no long wait at check in.

You can also avoid a long line at security because they will fast track you so you dont miss the flight.

You may have to put up with some stares from people in the queue as you are whisked to the front but it is worth it to avoid all the stress.

As I said takes some nerve but works every time for us.

Good luck.

leicester
Level Contributor
337 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

thanks all

is there any entry or departure tax???

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
297 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

To me it is the worst airport I have en counted in all my years of travel. They have no idea how to run an airport, at check in quite a few passengers were told bags were overweight when they were not, they were asked for a few pounds then they will let you check in. I have had the military who run the airport asking for pound coins, passport checked up teem times. By the way this is only on the return journey. Every time we leave we say never again and every year we book again. Please do not let this put you off you will love Goa it just draw you back.

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

no entry or departure tax for Goa

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

Entry tax is fear..........Departure tax is regret .

Just enjoy............

leicester
Level Contributor
337 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dabolim airport... is it that bad??

thanks again everyone

some very mixed reviews there ...just hope i'm one of the lucky ones

and what should i say if they say my bags are to heavy or ask for money??

can they refuse me entry to the plane if i say no?? i'm going with thomsonfly so will there be a thomsonfly departure desk in the airport or is it just one for all??

Edited: 21 January 2012, 20:57
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations