We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices! What's happening?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Prices! What's happening?

Been gathering my ideas for my winter holiday for the last few weeks now and had had my sights set on the Sao domingos, cavelossim! Found a great price £758 with cosmos but yesterday it went up to £803 and today it's £842!!! I feel gutted that they've sky rocketed so much! I really hope they come down again as I really want to go to cavelossim!!!

devon england
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices! What's happening?

I have just checked 14 nights from the 17th Nov - £758pp - Sometimes the increases are caused by cookies on yr computer. Which dates were you looking at? Try deleting the cookies or checking the booking on another computer.... it seems like a big increase otherwise!! Good luck!!

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices! What's happening?

I was told the computers refresh over night so you have to be an early bird to grab the deals, how true this is I don't know!

Wales
Level Contributor
728 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices! What's happening?

For the Hotel I've tracked from Christmas TC are +50% , that now puts their price +25% on Thomson who have maintained a steady price level.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices! What's happening?

You needed to keep a constant watch on prices as they are changing all the time, even scheduled flights, so if you see a deal don't hang around book it quick

London, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices! What's happening?

I went to Sao Domingoes on 26 November 2011 for 2 weeks with Cosmos for the grand price of £460 so how could it have gone up that much?

By the way you have made a good choice excellent guest house.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices! What's happening?

Just stopped reading all the bad reviews of Monarch, to notice that they'd put their prices up! It's now cheaper to go AI to Mexico than to go to some of the Goan hotels. Over 3 grand (including Premium) for the Fortune SR? I don't think so!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices! What's happening?

I kept an eye on the price of our package for 3 weeks prior to booking 10 days ago and the price never altered in fact it's stil the same.

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
977 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices! What's happening?

goadreamer did your room at san damingos with cosmos have air con as it only says a fan on the website and that put me off as march is very hot and humid.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices! What's happening?

Well, it's all very perculiar as from the laptop the price is £842 but from my mobile it's still £758, so this morning we have been to the Co-op and YAY we have made our booking!!! At the cheaper price of course! Can't wait now!! Just 9 and a half months to go!!

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices! What's happening?

The same holiday exactly for this year is £200 more each, £2,602 for 2wks in phoenix park, its a non starter!

Just booked flights only with TC £1,500, room only accomodation £308, saving over £700!

You dont get your breakfast or transfers included but they dont add up to £700, the saving is nearly our spending money!

Just have to sit back and wait for Dec.......................

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations