We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

I would really like to visit Palolem for the day and stay to watch the sunset. Just wanting a little advice on how to plan this day trip please....? What time does the sunset roughly in the beginning of December? Are there shops to look around in Palolem? Ae there any other interesting places to stop at en route? What would the price roughly be for a taxi both ways?

Thanks a lot!!

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

It's a couple of years since we went to Palolem but we went to Agonda by taxi in February and I was quoted 2200rp return by a few different taxi drivers in the village, it should be a similar fare to Palolem. We normally go with Anthony, who drives for Edwin at Sao Domingos, but as he as busy we went with Lewis one of the drivers in the village - though he wasn't as good as Anthony as drove a bit too fast for me. We paid an extra 200rp as we went via the fort at Caba de Rama, which is well worth a visit. We haven't been to Caba de Rama for 6 years and I'm glad we took the detour as there were several troupes of monkeys scampering around on the floor and swinging from the trees above. It was quite a hazy day but even so the views down the coast from the fort were stunning.

Yes there are shops in Palolem, but they're nothing special from what I remember. Sunset is around 6pm.

Other places we have stopped off at en route are a fish market on the banks of the river and a temple by the roadside which had just been built, though I can't remember what it was called. We were the only people there and had a private guided tour.

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Agonda
Agonda
South Goa District, India
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

Thanks Gemma, when you get to Palolem is it quite easy to find a shack to chill out at or are they mainly in use by people who are staying over?

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

There's no problem finding a shack, just walk down the beach and find one you like the look of. Somebody who has been to Palolem more recently might have recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

Do the taxi drivers generally wait for you to be ready to return to your hotel or do you arrange a time with them... not sure what is the "done thing".

:)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

We've always arranged a time in advance though the driver tells us where he's going to be if we want to go back a bit earlier.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

They usually give you their card so you can ring them if you want to go sooner than arranged too.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

I recommend the shack belonging to hi tide cocohuts, lovely food and friendly staff

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

You won't want to go back to Cavelossim that night after chillin watching the sunset!

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

I think 2000+ is a bit steep, but if either of you ride bikes, it's a lovely trip down the coast to Agonda/Palolem, stunning views. You can catch the ferry in Caveolossim and avoid all the traffic (it's village roads, last time I went the road was ok in places and good in others. But really the views are great, you basically just follow the road, if you get stuck people would surely point you in the right direction. It is also worth staying the night. By the way sun sets between 6 and 7 all year round (we're near the equator).

The are lots of beach shacks and restuarnts, lots to do and see, BEAUTIFUL beach, there is also Patnem beach which is the south end of the Palolem beach (10/15 min walk)

Mentioned in this post
Agonda
Agonda
South Goa District, India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cavelossim to Palolem day trip

Hmm, how does Patnem beach compare with Palolem?

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations