We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach partys

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Beach partys

Is all the hoo-hah with the beach shacks and beds etc going to effect the beach parties?

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach partys

What beach parties?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
860 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach partys

Do you mean the shack barbecues ect?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach partys

I dont mean raves!! I thought that sometimes the shacks put on a little party...? Yes I think I mean bbqs.... never been before so not knowing exactly what to expect....

Edited: 19 November 2012, 12:20
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach partys

Sorry RWilson, the shack BBQs etc should not be an issue as quite a bit of seating in the shacks (or some of them) themselves. Good question though.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach partys

This should not be affected as its a night ..they put all the tables on the beach and leave the shack floor for dancing.

Lots have firedancers and fireworks too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach partys

They sound like fun do you need to book in advance, or just turn up, and how do you find out which shack is having these nights, I really fancy a few nights like this as we will be in cavelossim for 4weeks and be looking for a range of things to try

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach partys

Gerry we booked in advance the first time we every went to a beach party which was at Betty's shack but since then we've always just turned up on the night. They do take advance bookings, particularly for those who want seafood such as king prawns and will reserve you a table so if you know for definite you want to go you can book in advance. We didn't go to one last year as didn't think it was worth it due to the 11pm closing but I know Mike's shack still had their party night and theirs is usually one of the liveliest. There's often a notice up in the shack saying what night the beach party is, or you can ask around when you get there.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach partys

Mike's shack party night, it was well worth being there, i think it was on a Weds night.

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach partys

I’d guess you’d be able to do The Manchester Mambo, Madison Line Dance, The Merengue or Minuet whilst downing a few Martinis and cucumber sandwiches without bumping your shins against any sun beds on the beach.

I wouldn’t suggest the May Pole Dance; things being what they are at the moment the Goan Tourist Police might mistake the May Pole for a Parasol/Umbrella and confiscate it from you.

Have a nice party!

norfolk
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach partys

Just got back from Cavelossim and the beach parties are virtually non existent now. The new rules not only affect the number of sunbeds (5 per shack) but also there are no beach sellers or entertainers.

As far as the beach parties go they have to stop their music at 10.00pm so many are not bothering.

The shack owners were hopeful of getting an increase in the number of sunbeds ( to between 15-30) this week but whether there will be a change in the music rule is anyones guess.

Unfortunately many of the 'regulars' said they will seriously consider whether or not to come back as the whole atmosphere has changed in the shacks. If there isn't a change can't really see the shacks surviving anyway as they were getting so little trade compared to previous years.

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations