We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeds again

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
299 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbeds again

The beach at Cavelossim is in a sorry state, I am there at the moment, shacks empty, no sellers, 5 beds per shack and no atmosphere. No more Goa for me I am afraid plane out had 60 empty seats from Manchester. The Goan government are truly spoiling the place. Very sad.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbeds again

Presumably the sellers are still in the lane on the road down to the beach doz? Can't say I'll miss being approached whilst I'm lying on my sunbed or the woman begging with her baby but it will seem strange if there's nobody walking about on the beach - not much people watching. There must be somebody in the shacks.

Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbeds again

Hi, we are in Cavelossim as well, sadly we fly home tonight. I agree the beach has changed although we don't miss the beach sellers so much, we do miss the sunbeds! it isn't comfy lying on the sand all day and as you say the shacks are not getting much trade. There has been lots of rumours about more sunbeds, up to 20, but nothing has materialised.Not sure they will.

We will have to think long and hard about returning, it's not just the sunbeds, Cavelossim is getting busier we have witnessed a few near misses on the road, when we first came the only traffic was the local bus disappearing in a cloud of exhaust!

But there is still lots of positives, the shopkeepers we have made friends with over the years as well as the "boys" in the shacks and restaurants and the food itself. So I think we will probably return just to see if it's changed again.

Exchange rate 87yesterday.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbeds again

yes doz maybe it had its day as thay say,,,,plane still plenty of room,,it be good for a lay out then lol,,,and the charter prices still very low,,, but see what happens to day with the beds sup to be some news in the news papers thay were saying yesterday,,,but for a lot ,of lets say long,stayers,it will be ok goa,calangute,cand,is like a little peace of england in the winter,sun,good cheap cable,sky,tv,good,english,food,,cheap,BEER,and cheap,rooms,and,still cheap getting there the bombay,way,if the charters finish, what more u need,,if the same way in turkey,now,prices ect,,i can see greece,making a come,back,lol ,,,think thailand,,no visa needed, and good flight prices with QATAR,and price wise not to expen,i can see a lot thinking about going there,,,shame,but the regs will still be there,in,GOA, lets see if things pick up with the beds,tourist ect its only erly inn the season,after,all,,,

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbeds again

Great point Bazz, it still is well and truely early in the season.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunbeds again

forgot the,,,A again,,stal but it only be early,,got it this time,,Lol..

Edited: 30 November 2012, 08:59
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunbeds again

Poor Cavelossim...

I really feel sad about this you know, strange really to feel like this about a holiday destination..

Scotland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunbeds again

From what doz describes, I suspect Emma, one of the more "enthusiatic" stall-holders in the lane, won't be happy about the lack of passing tourists.

Ho hum.

Talacre
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunbeds again

I haven't seen anymore comments about the sunbeds in Cavelossim since the 30th November - has anyone been and returned since then? We are going in January and find it hard to imagine 4 weeks there without the fun of sitting on the beach. I don't look foward to lying on the sand - not at my age anyway. Any information would be helpful.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunbeds again

Yeah, I'm waiting for that information too. we are going in January too.

Come on someone, whats the situation in Cavalossim with sunbeds????

BOB...

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunbeds again

right BOB i call my shack lady tomorrow,,to burn up the phone,wire again as someone said, but things not good i bet ,, but likes been said there selling beds in calangute ect for 18 pound,ish so if push comes to shove as thay say just have to bring yer owen down and sell it on when u go,,,,as long as thay dont stop selling beer AT THE SHACKS,,no probs lol, BAZZ,,,

Edited: 18 December 2012, 19:11
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations