We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

The Curry Special

Now I have to be honest I never intended on it ending this way but having got halfway through the holiday it dawned on me that there were too many different currys on the various menus for me to ignore. It just felt that leaving without trying as many as I could muster would just seem rude. So in 14 nights I managed 14 different curries which, when added to the Chicken Byriani (15) at Joe's River Cove one lunch time, the numerous Chicken Tikka Rolls for lunch in the beach shacks and the one curry breakfast in the Haathi Mahal I reckon it's not a bad effort for a first timer.

Given that we were up and out birdwatching by 7.30am several mornings I reckon I did well (or got lucky). We were very careful with hand sanitising and, as it happened, neither of us suffered with deli belli once.

My curry persuit was slightly resticted because I don't like seafood, turn my nose up at the veggie options and am not so keen on creamy (Korma style) curries.

A quick resume of what and where: - look them up and you'll see how nice they sound - you'll not find many of them on the takeaway menu but I bet you start to reach for that phone !!!

Chicken Kolhapuri - Jazz Inn

Chicken Vindaloo - Goan Village

Chicken Xacuti - Betty's Place

Chicken Kadai - Octimas

Chicken Tikka Masala - Jazz Inn

Chicken Dupiaza - Raj Mahal

Beef Vindaloo - Mike's Place

Chicken Kalimiri - Kanara

Chicken Patiala - Betty's Place

Chicken Tawa - Joe's River Cove

Chicken Hyderabadi - Goan Village

Chicken Jalfrazi - Mike's shack (Beach party night)

Chicken Masala - Betty's Place

Chicken Cafreal - Joe's River Cove

Top Three

1) Chicken Patiala

2) Chicken Kalimiri

3) Chicken Hyderabadi

Nothing to call between all 14 and tbh we're going to have to go for 3 weeks now so that I can have them all again and expand to the ones I didn't fit it (speaking of which, fitting into my trousers for work was another major achievement - lol)

Birdwatching report will follow in a few days but need to focus on finding us a good deal for 2014 now.

Mark

Edited: 25 February 2013, 14:14
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Hi Mark Your lucky you didn't grow feathers with all that chicken lol, Many thanks for your reports i've really enjoyed reading them.:-)) Gel

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Take it you like chicken then! Lol

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
245 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Hi

Enjoyed the curry special..............looking forward to your bird watching report.

Kind regards Janis.

Scotland
Level Contributor
312 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us, reports like yours make the dark, cold days here a bit more bareable for the rest of us.

Kind regards

shasmac

west mids
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

Love these reports - i just want to go back NOW!!! lol

6. Re: Cavelossim 2013 - a first timer's trip report - part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations