We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luisa by the sea

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luisa by the sea

Hi,

how far is the accommodation Luisa by the Sea from Cavelossim main beach and shops?

We are in North Goa for six weeks and we went Agonda last year, and I really fancy Cavelossim this year after reading the reviews, but we only want a place for 3 nights. If anyone can recommend any other properties (b/b) would be really grateful as other half cannot walk far.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Agonda
Agonda
South Goa District, India
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,495 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luisa by the sea

p.s. and the back gate to Luisa is just off Barretto Lane with another gate to the side of the complex leading to The River View, so there is a good choice of restaurants etc. for breakfast we tended to either make our own at the bungalow or have something at a shack on the beach

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,495 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Luisa by the sea

p.p.s. Drop Sunita a line she owns a couple of the villa's and also knows others on joie_devivre69@hotmail.com

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luisa by the sea

Hi THornhilllass,

is it alot of walking at Cavellossim? My husband can walk for about 7 - 10mins then has to stop, would we be better looking at Colva?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Colva
Colva
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Luisa by the sea

Cavelossim is fairly compact so you don't have to do a lot of walking & there is a cheap & reliable bus service if you want to try the shacks a bit further down the beach for a change,

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Luisa by the sea

Hi,

Many thanks again for all the help.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Luisa by the sea

Hudo..we stayed at Mobor beach and for me to walk down the path to the beach it took me 20mins, i have arthritis in knee and Emphysema and in the full heat i found it hard. I agree with Gemma you can catch the bus to the beach further on, but the busess were always packed and in the heat didnt help me, so we tried Colva and will be our 3rd time this year. just for 4nights Where we stay Amigo Plaza the beach is literally 5mins across the rd. so suits me fine and plenty nice resturants nearby..

Mentioned in this post
Colva
Colva
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,495 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Luisa by the sea

I don't think I have ever seen a bus in Cavelossim/Mobor that is full, apart from maybe really early morning when locals are heading off to work. To put things into perspective.......I have no walking issues at all and it would take me less than 5 minutes to walk from the Mobor Beach Resort to the beach.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Luisa by the sea

The bus starts from Mobor Beach by Leela/Holiday Inn so it's either the start or end of the journey, depending which way you're travelling and I've never found it to be full around Cavelossim - though it does get very busy as it makes it way towards Benaulim and Margao. Must add I am still in bed early morning when the locals are travelling to work!

Mentioned in this post
Benaulim
Benaulim
Salcette, India
Margao
Margao
North West England...
Level Contributor
303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Luisa by the sea

Luisia is a lovely little complex and is about as near to the beach as you are going to get its also in the flattest bit of the village so access to the restaurants and shops should be easier for you

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Luisa by the sea

Staying at Luisa for 2 weeks in December, havent been to Goa for 10 years so hyper excited!! Anyway, seems to have changed alot and I cant get my bearings.

How many exits are there from Luisa and where do these come out?

Where is the nearest beach entrance?

From Dona Sylvia down towards Leela, what is the order of shacks?

Many thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations