We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

Tried to get the bus from Holly Inn, Mobor, to Cavelossim yesterday at about 6.30 pm. No bus after 40 minute wait and gate staff told us no more after 6 pm. So we gave up. Taxi rank nearby but silly prices and showed not one bit of interest in us as were a sitting in a shelter off the road - oblivious to us. Tonight we left earlier but were told in town the buses run til 10 pm. Does anyone have any idea of frequency and timings? We saw 3 go the other way on our return tonight whilst waiting, so realise this is not an exact science.

North West England...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

I think you will find the busses do stop running quite early, the ones you see late on are usually staff busses taking staff to and fro to the Leela Palace and Holiday Inn

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

The buses never used to run into the evenings and I think they stopped pretty much by about 6.30pm-ish or so. They buses you saw later may have been private buses which the Leela Kempinski and the Holiday inn charter to get their late shift staff to and from the villages.

The taxi shelter to the side of the Holiday Inn has always been a bit pricy - you can't blame them as they must have to pay quite a bit to be allowed to have that pitch, outside 2 expensive hotels with wealthy patrons, and there is not exactly in an area where there is much competition for taxi prices (the same could be said about the whole of Cavelossim where there is hardly any price variation - that's what happens when you get taxis called 'tourist vehicles' in a resort with a relatively short annual season!).

The walk along the beach is only about 25 minutes or so if you are able to walk that far. If you have spent the day at Mike's shack, he is usually happy to pile people into the jeep at the end of the day and drive you back to the restaurant on 'Barretto Lane'. I wouldn't fancy walking along the road though as it seems longer than the beach and there is some mad driving and no pavement. The downside of walking along the beach is that from time to time, packs of dogs can appear on the quieter stretch and they are sometimes a bit aggressive.

On occasions, I have been forced to pay for a taxi because the bus just didn't make an appearance. The bus is so cheap that the occasional taxi fare into Cavelossim didn't break the bank (even if I paid the fare through gritted teeth).

Hope you are having a good time there.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 13:51
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

Yes the buses don't tend to run into the evening, they finish quite early. I think they run about every 20 minutes through the day though I'm usually going in the opposite direction to Benaulim or Margao as I always walk back along the beach from the HI - or get a taxi if it's after dark & we've been to Betty's for dinner.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

Yes I agree re walk on beach with wild dogs or walk on road with wild drivers! Neither to be recommended. Think the taxi drivers know us of old so don't bother trying to entice us. Buses not a great option so guess the taxi drivers laugh at us! Thanks both for kind and helpful input.

North West England...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

What's all this about wild dogs? It's enough to put anyone off walking on the beach in this area.

I have been walking this area for 16 years and yes I have heard a couple of times about dogs bothering people but never heard of anyone being bitten I personally have never been bothered by them at all from 9.00am to 5.00 pm

6. Re: Bus times from Mobor to Cavelossim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations