We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of questions

west mids
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Couple of questions

Hi all, we normally visit north Goa (candolim) was wondering if the sea is as fierce in south Goa (only go in up to my knees due to undercurrent!!)

Also, is there anywhere 'nice/special to go for a meal on valentines night?

Many thanks 22 days and counting!! :))

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of questions

The sea can still be quite choppy in Cavelossim but I don't think it's quite as fierce as when we stayed in Candolim.

There are lots of nice places to have a meal on Valentines night. We've only been in Cavelossim once for Valentines day and went to Goan Village and I remember getting a rose but that probably happens everywhere. As we now stay in Goan Village I'd probably choose to go to Betty's Place on Valentine's Day - but that's because it's my favourite restaurant.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple of questions

the sea gets less severer as yu travel further north not south

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple of questions

Only been to Agonda in the South . When we were there the sea was pretty calm. Should imagine it varies from day to day like it does any where else. Dunhill is a good restaurant in Agonda.

Goa
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple of questions

I think the sea tends to be calmer in the mornings and builds up early afternoon. Well, that's what I remember...

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple of questions

Try Fishermans Cove (near the ferry)

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple of questions

There's a huge undertow - worse in some places than others - and there are lifeguards stationed all along the beach now. Don't ever remember seeing a calm sea at Cavelossim/Mobor Beach - just have to be sensible and watch the warning flags.

west mids
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple of questions

Thank you :)

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple of questions

Sea was ok for paddling (up to waist) but some days a bit rough last year. Spent Valentines at Betty's and had a very nice romantic meal, would recommend it as the place was decked out with hundreds of heart shaped red balloons.

west mids
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple of questions

Ooooooo pea mark Betty's sounds just the ticket. Do you need to book?

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couple of questions

We did and the place was full on the night. We are in Cavelossim a week earlier this year so won't be there on the 14th otherwise we'd have gone to Betty's. Try a Betty's special cocktail - it's a Wowzer

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations