We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with hotel choice

Which Cavelossim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barry, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
help with hotel choice

hi all,we stayed in cavelossim 12 years ago (a.i @ the donna sylvia) on a package break.always promised ourselves we would return to this wonderful place but hey life gets in the way .now we want to go as part of my 60th celebration and have found good flights but need to sort out an hotel.dont want 5* or even 4*and no a.i,looking for somthing quiet and laid back on a bb basis.my first thought was for sao domingos which we saw on our last visit,nice and central not too far from the beach and near restaurants/central area,however cannot get the dates we want on any site and have emailed the hotel but got no reply.any one got any ideas of similar places nearby?all suggestions welcome.we are looking at 1st to 30 jan 2015.thankyou

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with hotel choice

We stayed at the doña Sylvia 9 years ago and are going back to Cavelossim for the first time next year

I tried Sao domingos too, he emailed me back but said he wasn't taking bookings yet for next year

So I've booked casa de cris via agoda for a week next Jan

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with hotel choice

If you can't get in at Sao Domingos Casa de Cris is a good choice. I'm surprised that Edwin said he wasn't taking books for next year yet as we've already booked for next January. How long ago did you try and book Meggiemoo?

kusadasikid it might be too early for some of the sites to have accommodation contracted for next year yet. I'd try emailing Edwin again.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with hotel choice

I tried over the weekend Gemma, I thought it was odd? Said he couldn't accept bookings until April?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with hotel choice

I'm just wondering if it's because we stay in Luciana's - rather than the main hotel. It could be that he's waiting for Cosmos to confirm how many rooms they need before he starts taking direct bookings. That's only a guess but might be the reason why.

Out of interest how much did you have to pay for booking Casa de Cris via Agoda? Was it cheaper than booking direct with the hotel?

norfolk
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with hotel choice

Hi K -

Have you looked at Casa de Cris which is just before Sao Domingos. They have a website or you can email them direct at mikeingoa@hotmail.com . Their prices are similar at 2,500Rps per night for B&B.

Like you we started at Dona Sylvia on AI (4 times) but for the last 5 visits have stayed at Casa and book flights direct with Qatar (paid £540 each from Heathrow). Last there in November and are back again in 2 weeks.

Think the main difference between the 2 hotels is that Sao Domingos have a pool but Casa have in room safe while Domingos is in the reception area.

Sure you'll have a great time wherever you end up. Don't forget your visa which should be a different procedure by the time you go.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with hotel choice

Ah, just checking all my emails Gemma and it was casa de cris who wouldn't take our booking until April, sorry I was getting my knickers in a knot! Edwin hasn't yet responded to my enquiry.

To book direct with casa de cris was 3,500 rps a night, to book with agoda was just under £34 so it will depend what happens to the exchange rate as to what the difference might be

It won't be too much though and at least it's all booked

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with hotel choice

thanks for all the replies,think we may sit it out till april and resubmit to sao domingos.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with hotel choice

Gemma, does Lucianas have a pool? and e-mail address. I got no reply from Sao Domingos.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with hotel choice

mitzey, Luciana's is part of Sao Domingos. It's the newer part next to Goan Village restaurant & across the road from the pool & main part of the hotel. I'd try emailing Edwin again. I had to email him twice before getting a response when we were booking.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 21:33
10. Re: help with hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations