We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

Which Cavelossim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

Hi....

We are looking to go around the spice plantation in Ponda but looks like we will have to get a taxi by our hotel.

One of the taxis mentioned he can take us there and stop at a few places such as temples I think for 2300 rupees.

Does that sound reasonable or quite over inflated so I'll need to haggle?

Thanks in advance for your help

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

I think that sounds a bit high...considering to taxi from Candolim to cavelossim is 1500 ish rups...but I know things have changed a bit recently. I would haggle him down or find a price somewhere else to compare.

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

Great thanks... Will try to haggle ..

Any suggestions on a suitable half/full day trip for us from cavelossim ?

The spice plantation interests us but not waterfall or elephants .

So would it be worth us customising our trip with taxi driver to maybe take us to Margao and Spice plantation ?

Should we suggest any other places en route that he could take us ? Any churches , temples , older parts of Goa ?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

Sunny D tell your driver to take you to this spice plantation www.sahakarifarms.com which is just outside Ponda. And seeing as you like temples, churches etc you can then drive to Old Goa, the old capital.

This will make a good days trip for you from Cavelossim...........Enjoy.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

We went to Mapusa market, Old Goa then Sahakari spice plantation. A full day out as we called at a Lake on way from Old Goa to of some bird watching. Haggled down to 2,800 (£28) for the day plus entrance to Sahakari & Elephant ride/wash 3.600 (£36) - great day out for less than £70. A must do once.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 18:24
5. Re: Cavelossim to Spice Plantation taxi fare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations