We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Hello all,

I'm not sure which country each reader of this article is from but apologies if my next comment upsets you..... Its beautifully hot out here! Lol !

We came a few days ago to Radisson Blu.

Hotel is decent, and clean. Couple of niggles which I'll probably write fully on our return.

Certainly is quiet season in the hotel and surrounding areas.

We ate at Betty's Place (or was it Kitchen?) by the hotel on day 1... Lovely food , great service and reasonable prices.

Our 2nd day was spent on Cavelossim beach. Great beach and clean .Sea temperature was lovely.

Plenty of beds available at the shacks.

We had lunch at Q Ba and few drinks at other shacks. Walked all the way to Leela... Amazing resort.

We then ate at Fisherman's Wharf... Lovely place with great food choice.

Today we did the Betty's day cruise which was good fun accompanied with tasty lunch and flowing drinks .

That's pretty much it for now... Still planning the remainder of our week here, so if its not boring anyone , I'll keep updating this article with our adventures :)

england
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Keep them coming, love Cavelossim, makes it seem closer reading about it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

SunnyD keep these reports coming please

Staying Cavelossim for 1st time next Jan so really great if you can give any tips /advice

Hope you have a wonderfull time

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Thanks for the report, it's always nice to hear updates from Cavelossim.

Betty's Place is by the Holiday Inn, Betty's Kitchen is the restaurant near the Radisson.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and keep the reports coming :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Soooo the heats started to make us quite lazy and so we decided to dine in the hotel last night ! Lol...

Ate at Shandong which was a Chinese/Thai restaurant within Radisson. Got there about 8pm and we were the only couple in the restaurant for the whole night.

Nicely decorated restaurant though... Food was lovely. Ordered pad Thai, and green curry with pineapple rice. We did notice a tiny crawling insect on the pad Thai so sent it back. Kitchen claimed it was a peanut shell.... Hmmmm who knows ! Lol.... Didn't deter us too much though from enjoying the meal. Bill was about £22 for 2 drinks, 1 starter, 2 mains and a side.

This morning we ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel. Our rate was room only so paid extra .. £9 each.

Good selection of foods with usual fresh eggs, pancakes, egg Benedict on the go. Toast, idli, dosa and fresh juices, tea and pastries.

We seem to be struggling to find any other local breakfast places around Cavelossim within walking distance. Tried out Mikes but menu was limited, food quite boring and slow service.

Today is a chill out day by the pool and then to the beach.

Still trying to work out a day trip for tomorrow.

Want to do spice plantation, without adding on elephants or waterfall. So other options to tag on might be Margao and old Goa.... Thinking hat is on.

On a parting note.... This place has sooooo many power cuts ! Thankfully it only lasts for a minute or two but the amount is still suprising and certainly more than all the times I have spent in rural areas of Punjab.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Blimey £9 is expensive for breakfast in Goa. Have you tried Doms shack - I seem to remember they do breakfast though I've never tried it as breakfast is included at Sao Domingos.

Old Goa is definitely worth a visit, I'm planning on going back when we're in Cavelossim next year - though we don't always end up doing everything I plan ;-) Margao can easily be done on the local bus, I think it was 15rp last year.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Newtons also do breakfasts, I think quite afew of the shacks did. Old Goa is well worth a visit, if you cross the road from the Raddison to the Sage building and ask for Vincent or Charlie at the taxi stand, they will do day trips at very good prices. Gemma the bus fare had gone up this year to 20rp to get into Margao (,sooooo expencive) but a good day out all the same, enjoy the rest of your holiday, I love cavelossim.

Marge

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

Thank you sunny for taking the time to post while you are on your holiday, very much appreciated from a wet and miserable London. :-)) Gel

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

I'd better start saving now for that expensive bus fare to Margao Marge ;-)

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

There is the Braganza house to see two old Portugese homes.

Or take a day trip down to see what Agonda and the quiet beaches there are like. Very different.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In Cavelossim now... mini trip reports...

£22 for a Thai meal and £18 for breakfast are you sure you are in Goa ..LOL

We are off to Betalbatim for a long weekend tomorrow and can't believe it is the first time down south this season so hope those price have not spread that far, can't normally spend £38 all weekend

Still plenty of life up north just off to enjoy the live music at Anjuna Market along with the cooling breeze off the sea at Cafe Looda a great place to be on a Wednesday afternoon and evening

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations