We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach shacks you can drive to?

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Beach shacks you can drive to?

Assuming Dec14 shacks in the same location as this December, other than GiGi's which shacks can you get a taxi to the entrance of? Or at least a flat, not across sand, couple of minutes walk to?

Thanks

Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

You could drive up to Pipkins this season but not sure what it will be like next season as it had been bought out and being changed along the spa/resort lines, possibly with beach huts.

Taxis can drive up the lane to the beach at the southern end and then there are shack close by to the left and right.

Where's GiGi's?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

GiGi's is at the bottom of the Mobor Beach Hotel track.

There are several shacks close to the beach road. Alternatively there is a lane which is somewhere behind Pearls on Mobor Beach that you could get a taxi to drop you off if you wanted to use one of the shacks by the Holiday Inn. Also Blue Whale is accessible from the road if you walk past the eco huts.

Don't think you can avoid walking across some sand for any of the above though.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 14:28
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

You could get to Cafe Beach Hut (or is it Beach Hut Cafe lol) without walking on any sand this year. It was the first shack on the right at the bottom of the lane and also had paving slabs straight into the shack.

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Gemma1 -what shacks are close to the beach road?

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Which beach? Immediate thought is April20 in Patnem , most of Agonda and several in Palolem BUT nearly all then require walk on firm sand or other path to sitting area . If the problem is mobility can you walk at all ? If so how far on what surface? Bogmalo all restaurants are accessible from road or furnish car park.if you are thinking Palolem or Agonda pm me and I can pass on our experience in the area using a mobility scooter.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 20:39
D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Sorry, Cavelossim/Mobor beaches. Will be with a friend with limited mobility, especially in the heat - tops 100m along an even track.

Evening meals will be OK as the main road has plenty of options in a short distance, but hoping to sit in beach shacks most days.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 21:09
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,753 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Hi D44, Lozroy mentioned Café Beach Hut which should be easy for your friend to get to. I was trying to find some pictures on the web to show how close to the road it is but drew a blank. I'm not sure which shack is at the other side of the road this year but the first shack on the left (often Doms in the past but I know it was another shack last year) should also be easy to get to. The neighbouring shacks would mean walking across the sand. Where are you staying? If you're staying at Casa de Cris or Mike's Place you can usually get a lift to Mike's shack on Mobor Beach in the jeep.

swindon
Level Contributor
333 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Dom's was the 1st beach shack on the left as you get to the end of the lane, and easy to get to therefore. I was told by a couple of people that some agreement had been reached whereby all the shacks in the Cavelossim beach area are guaranteed to have the same spot for the next 3 years. if that is true then Dom's would be my choice of a good beach shack for your situation - not very keen on the Café Beach Hut, but that is just my opinion. Maybe try them both out in the first few days and stick with your favourite.

Eric

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Hi again, I'm pretty sure I have some pics of the bottom of the lane on my camera, (battery dead atm) will try and upload them and post a link :-)

D44
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach shacks you can drive to?

Thanks everyone - so...

down the lane opp Old Anchor, to the left Doms, to the right Cafe Beach Hut

down the lane to side of Mobor Beach resort to Gigis

taxi to Blue Whale eco huts and through the grounds to Blue Whale

taxi to Holiday Inn - can you walk through their grounds? to what shacks?

taxi to Leela - can you walk through their grounds? to what shacks?

Mikes beach shack - seem to remember the jeep ride was pretty offroad, so a taxi wouldnt make it?

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations