We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing plan for South Goa

Noida
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing plan for South Goa

Hi

I will be travelling this weekend to Goa and will be staying at one of the resorts near Cavelossim beach. Am looking for some help to draw up a plan for sightseeing including the areas nearby to my place of stay.

It will also be helpful to get advice on the possible modes of transport for sightseeng. Will it be fine to hire a cab for a day ? We are a couple and have a 2 1/2 year baby with us. We are planning to stay for 3 days.

Thanks

Ankur

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing plan for South Goa

Hi,

I am going to Goa on 3rd Oct 2014, for 3 night stay.

I would be staying in south Goa & dont want to travel to commercialized places in north Goa.

Would appreciate if some one can suggest me Points of interest in South Goa.

1 Days I have reserved for noth goa covering Old Goa & Calangutte.

Thanks,

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing plan for South Goa

South Goa isn't exactly over-endowed with places of interest, but there are a few. For a beautiful beach, visit Agonda. The Palacio do Deao in Quepem is worth a visit (and if you ring in advance, you can book lunch there - www.palaciododeao.com). The food is quite different to anything you'll find in restaurants. You've got your fill of markets in Mumbai, and I can't imagine that Margao covered market has much to offer you! I believe you can still look around Braganza Manor (old Portuguese house) in Chandor, which is really interesting, and Chandor is a lovely village as well - very clean and tidy.

While you're up in North Goa, if you have time, a whistle stop tour of Panjim is interesting as well. Fontainhas for its beautifully preserved and brightly painted houses, and Altinho for BIG houses and the views, plus a walk along the river. There are nice restaurants there as well - my favourite is Viva Panjim because they make a mushroom xacutti to die for!

3. Re: Sightseeing plan for South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations