We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Hi Can anyone tell me what sort of prices you pay for food and drink in Skiathos. Thinking of going in July. Also which resorts to go to. Nothing too quiet, like a bit of action, shops to browse and nice bars. Also are there many Brits go?

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

July is mid season, last year prices went up in some tavernas on July 1st. Greece is not a cheap destination any more.

Skiathos Town is where the nightlife and shops are located, however its much more laid back in the accommodation resorts which are a bus ride away.

Popular with the Brits, but less so in recent years. More Serbian visitors recently but always popular with the Italian and Greek visitors in July and August ...

Durham
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

I don't know what the prices will be like this year but think Skiathos prices are okay.

We go to Skiathos and Cyprus each year and Skiathos is a lot cheaper than Cyprus.

Gary

3. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 18:05
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Nice advert !

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

We stayed in Skiathos Town May 2010 and are going again this May 2011.

The prices varied depending on what you like some thing for all budgets i think, on average we paid 35 euro per night for a shared greek salad and 2 main meals with house wine most places give some sort of complimentary extra which is a very nice touch. Pick up a map at the airport all the resturants etc are are on it. Beach area's are best for the day time but you need to be in Skiathos town at night if you want it lively. Great bus service stops are numbered 1-26 so you can't go wrong, taxi's also pull up on the bus stops after business this is normal and above board so don't think it's a bit dodgy the first time you encounter it.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Hi,

Thanks for the useful info on this thread. I am assuming that the bus does a continual circuit route of the island, with stops numbered 1-26?

What number stop is near Kassandra Bay Hotel please? Is stop number 1 Skiathos town? If we pick up the map that Kaz mentions does it show the bus stop numbers and where each one is?

Thanks.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Bus stop No 1 starts in Skiathos Town the bus runs only on the south side of the island its not a circular route it goes to 26 which is Koukounaries/ banana beach then turns back. I think you have to have a car or scooter to get to the other side of the island. All the stops are marked on the map, i think it will be stop 12/13 for Kassandra Bay. It looked very nice when we saw it from the road last year, with great veiws over the bay Log on to greekisland.co.uk/skiathos/skiathos-beaches.… There is 9 pages of beach's and the bus stop numbers.

Have a good holiday i'm counting down now just 8 days to go.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Thanks for the information and for the link, which I have been reading through.

Very useful.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Bus stop 0 is Terminus

Bus stop 7 or 8 for the Kassandra

See the Skymap www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=36302&Category=0

Chelmsford, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of food and drink in Skiathos town

Does anyone know what the bus fares are this year? Presumably it has gone up to 2e for the whole trip?

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations