We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiathos

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
skiathos

whats the weather likely to be in october?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
138 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skiathos

You could have a look at this site:

holiday-weather.com/skiathos/…

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: skiathos

thank you x

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skiathos

Hi

Anyone booked Skiathos through Monarch holidays online?

Its my first time to Skiathos with my boyfriend and we found a great deal with Monarch but daren't book online with them because we've never used them before, and in the T&C's they reserve the right to change the cost of the holiday when sending the invoice to you....is this correct?

The prices for same accom across other tour ops is more, so we thought we'd grab this deal whilst we can.

Anybody got experience of Monarch holidays online?

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skiathos

book away,i haven't actually booked a monach holiday online but have with other companies,and never had any problems.monarch are a well known company and i'd be happy to book with them

Marion

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,838 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: skiathos

I've replied on your other thread.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: skiathos

Weather in October is hard to predict, we've had glorious warm sunny days and windy wet ones so it is a risk. If you are lucky with the weather you could well be sharing the beach with maybe only half a dozen other people which is lovely. Daylight hours are of course becoming shorter and evenings can be pretty nippy if the wind is blowing but you can always find a taverna with a roaring log fire serving mousaka and ouzo :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: skiathos

.'.you can always find a taverna with a roaring fire serving mousaka and ouzo;-)' I'll take some red vino..but enough with the temptations..lol!! I think SL1 really had us going on another thread here;-))

I echo MrsWhicker..have experiened warm, sunny wonderful days..also cool, rainy ones as well! There is usually a 'change' that can occur anytime from around mid-Sept onwards..can last for a couple of days..I remember one year where it lasted practically a couple of weeks..where the weather takes a 'turn' but usually emerges into a fantastic Indian Summer..a great time to be there;-) It's nailing it that's difficult..lol!! No one can predict when the change will occur..and hopefully, it's a short one! Enjoy all!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: skiathos

Red vino coming up for Litsa :)

I think it was about three maybe four years ago when the weather changed midway through the last week in September and lasted until we left around the 12-14 October, it was wet, windy and chilly but as said before Limanaki Taverna has a lovely indoor eating area with the said log fire so we struggled along !! However, our friends on the island took great pleasure in telling us how the weather picked up shortly after we left and continued well into mid November with long warm sunny days.

If your only holiday of the year is towards the end of September and the weather is likely to be dodgy then you are taking a risk, but if you don't mind taking the risk then it is a lovely time to be there.

9. Re: skiathos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town