We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Hi

Anyone booked Skiathos through Monarch holidays online?

Its my first time to Skiathos with my boyfriend and we found a great deal with Monarch but daren't book online with them because we've never used them before, and in the T&C's they reserve the right to change the cost of the holiday when sending the invoice to you....is this correct?

The prices for same accom across other tour ops is more, so we thought we'd grab this deal whilst we can.

Anybody got experience of Monarch holidays online?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Booked with Monarch Holidays lots of times - Goa several times and to loads of Greek Islands, including Skiathos.

Never had an issue with pricing.

For Goa we usually booked a way in advance so only paid the deposit at time of booking, then the balance.

For our Greek holidays, we usually booked fairly last minute so pay the total price on booking.

What is the exactly wording on the T&C?

Is this a condition that is unique to Monarch?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Thanks for your response. I became dubious when I read somewhere that a family had booked online then received an invoice for the outstanding amount due to a price change in their holiday from the time they reserved it on internet to time receiving confirmation invoice.

T&C's are at http://www.monarch.co.uk/terms/holidays

"Price policy -

We reserve the right to change prices from time to time. Accordingly, it is possible that when you book your holiday the actual price may have gone up or down. If the price of your holiday has changed, the correct price will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors at any time prior to the price being confirmed at the time of booking"

I really want to book this deal before it goes...

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

I'm not sure you can 'reserve' a holiday online.

Don't you have to go through the booking process and pay all at the same time?

From Monarch T&Cs they are saying you will pay the price that is correct AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.

That will be the price that is shown as you go through the on-line booking process.

They don't say that they may change the price from what it was when you made your online booking when they send out your confirmation invoice.

The only way to find out for sure is to ring or email Monarch Customer Services - and you risk losing your good deal.

One of the advantages of booking Greece holidays with Monarch is that you usually fly with Monarch airlines.

Olympic Holidays (after a major fall out last year with Monarch who had been their main carrier for years) used all sorts of weird and not-so-wonderful carriers such as Strategic, Tor Air etc and some people had awful 24 hour + delays as these carriers don't have the fleet that Monarch have and once an aircraft breaks down, they don't have a plane to substitute.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

We're travelling with Olympic to Santorini and going on a Thomas cook flight,' Strategic do leave a lot to be desired.

I posted to you earlier but somehow its on another link,not quite sure how i managed that.

Re last post you can pay a deposit with online booking, as I said before have booked several holidays onlie with no problems!

and you'll love Skiathos when you get there

Marion

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Thanks for both your comments, we have finally booked online with Monarch. Cant wait to go!!!!

I made a little mistake though upon booking....I accidentally put Mr instead of Miss in the drop down fliters (easily done) so my confirmation email had come through with Mr on it.hahaha!!!

I called up immediately to amend it but they've sent the confirmation invoice today via email still with Mr on...so I will need to ring again tomorrow (...they're closed today, Sundays) . ooops!!!

I hope they don't charge me now for this amendment!! I did try to get it changed before they sent it out to me and was assured on the phone they would amend it!

Any advice on Skiathos would be great! We're staying nr the town at Oasis apts for 7nts...

Sarah

liverpool
Level Contributor
119 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Hi we are stay there from 15th june for 2 weeks ,when have you booked for?

7. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2012, 23:35
Bristol uk
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Yes. Avoid monarch if you want to avoid hidden costs. We booked air conditioned apartment at princess studios lassi kefalonia, to find apartment without fan or a/c and 150 euros extra asked for a/c on arrival. Go elsewhere and have a good holiday!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Janeuan

From what you say, Monarch did not deliver what you paid for.

The fact that you'd paid for a/c up front (or that a/c was included in the holiday price) should have been on your final invoice.

What did the rep say and do about your accommodation not having a/c?

He/she should have sorted it out with the accommodation owners/managers.

i assume that you asked for (and received) full recompense for the amount you had to pay for a/c as you'd already paid for it.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
973 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch holidays to Skiathos

Having visited Greek islands many times I have never known any apartments (and some hotels) to include air conditioning in the price they charge the tour operator. Are you sure it didn't say that air conditioning was available at an extra cost or supplement? I always read the property reviews on here first to see if I can get an idea of how much it's going to cost. You can also contact review writers and ask them questions and get an mail reply.

Always worth doing the homework!