We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

I am trying to book the oasis apartments in skiathos town for 2013 flying from Bristol but I am unable to get the package holiday!! The brochure says there are flights to Skiathos from Bristol for 2013 but when I put in 2 adults in august 2013 for 7 days from Bristol the web says nothing available ! If I put in the flight from Birmingham the hidatsa details and price cone up!! Any one else having same problem?! I'm thinking that perhaps Bristol have not properly releases the flight schedules to Skiathos in 2014 and I'm just too early to book!! Font want to miss put on getting a room!! Font want to go into Thomas Cook because the prices ate better on line!!!!!! Any suggestions!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
722 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Dont quote me on this Catsmiles but I dont think Bristol are flying to Skiathos in 2013. People I know had the same problem and are having to fly from Gatwick.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Think you may be right!! So annoying the brochures are being printed before deals are finalised and it's misleading! Live not far from Bristol and Cardiff airports and both have limited flight destinations!!!! Think I'll go for our second choice of Sorrento - Bristol has flights there definitely !!! Thank for the advice!!

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
722 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Catsmiles, I have emailed the person in Bristol who travels to the island every year so will see what she says. I am pretty certain they have decided to do an overnight hotel/parking at Gatwick which seems a good idea?

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

I live just outside Cardiff and we are having to fly from Birmingham this year to Skiathos. Its a sign of the times Fewer destinations from fewer airports.

Phil

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Thanks for your message!! I think we will have to go to Birmingham as well or think about booking another holiday destination!! Bristol would have been so much easier!!! enjoy Skiathos - lovely island!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

be grateful your not in glasgow ,we have to travel to newcastle or manchester for any greek island apart from rhodes ,crete corfu and kos

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Catsmiles, I live in Cardiff and been twice to Skiathos this year, first flight from Bristol in June, second flight from Birmingham in July, the Advantage ot the Brum flight was its cheaper and flys direct back from Skiathos with no fuel stop, with Brum i booked it well in advance and an e tap Hotel £22, (opp terminal) ot the 2 Brum was the better option

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

Thanks for the reply and info!! Have looked at Birmingham now I know Bristol is not an option and have decided to fly from there!! If you want to do or go somewhere badly enough you just have to go with the flow! ;)

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

That's all we have available from Cardiff (plus Zante) which is why it was nice having the Skiathos flight from Bristol (until this year!!!) we just hate travelling a long way to and from airports but that's just how we are - will have to be a bit more flexible next year!!

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
england
Level Contributor
139 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking on line for 2013 - Skiathos from Bristol

we came home last week from Skiathos and a local told us Thomas cook were pulling the plug on Newcastle and Bristol Ive been looking to book and they are still coming up so maybe its true i just dont know.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town