We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal costs

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Meal costs

I haven't visited Skiathos before. Can anyone give me an approximate cost of an evening meal - say 2 courses in a nice, but not too expensive restaurant. Also approximate cost of a bottle of house wine.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal costs

I would say 20e upwards,thats for cheap and cheerful .I think we paid about 60ish e at the Windmill,but I think average is between 30 and 40e.Not sure about a bottle of wine as we usually get a caraf of house wine. I'm sure others will be able to give you a more accurate costing.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal costs

We find that a meal for two people - main course and carafe of wine - in most taverans is around €30-35. Most tavernas provide bread and some even a lovely olive spread and often a free Ouzo. We never buy a Sweet, as again most tavernas will bring you fruit or creme broule or some form of desert. There are some more upmarket places to eat where obviously the cost would rise to around €45-60 like, asElias says above, The Windmill and Final Steps to name two. House wine is normally served in carafes and a half litre, for instance is around €5.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal costs

Carafe wine comes out of a box and is called Dymitra and at times best left there.

Go to an ouzeria, Kaborelias, Moragio, or Kalo Pigadi and take Ouzo or tsipouro (with snacks = meze) Three of these will cost €9 leave a tip and stagger off into the sunset like a local ...

Edited: 17 January 2013, 12:44
wigan
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal costs

Hi Skiathoslover. You,ve definately convinced us about Kabourelia for Tsipouro. Sounds wonderful. Only 26 weeks to go. See you in July.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal costs

Its a tough job, but someone has to do it. Be brave try all three above ...

Essex
Level Contributor
917 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal costs

Where is karabouila ? Sounds right up the old mans street :)

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal costs

Kabourelia is on the Old Harbour, almost at the end where the steps lead up to Rock n' Roll Bar. Lovely place to eat.

Tsipouro and ouzo is not for the faint-hearted though SL1! or if you are not keen on aniseed. Have found differing qualities of 'house' wine in tavernas - some better than others, but wouldnt say they all taste the same. I love my wine and have had some acceptable jugs or two in some establishments!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meal costs

How many times have you been here Chris ? There are two types of tsipouro, One is with aniseed, and one without. Its the drink of northern Greece.

Kabourelias is half way down the harbour, almost opposite the memorial. and has the blue chairs and pinkygirl8's favourite waiter.

Here Men and Women drink it - its a social thing, served with the meze (Tsipourakia) So watch what the locals do, and where, and you will not go wrong. Give it a try and do not be surprised if the locals send you over some, in appreciation of you sampling and enjoying the local flavours of this part of Greece.

Alternatively the enjoy the Dymytra wine from a box in a glass caraffe at €5 per half litre (Sold at €9 for a 6 litre box) and order your food separately. This is how you get to pay €20 a head for a meal in some establishments.

You will enjoy it whatever you do ...

Edited: 19 January 2013, 07:59
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
696 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meal costs

Hi SkiathosLover

If you are sat people watching from the Syraino, is Kabourelias next to it on the right or next but one. It sounds like it's just up my street. love ouzo and my OH enjoys his tsipouro

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meal costs

Hi greeky08

Yes right next door to one of the nicest people viewing spots in town ...

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations