We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love Skiathos, looking for similar

uk
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Love Skiathos, looking for similar

Hi

Myself and my wife visited Skiathos 4 years ago and fell in love with it so much that two years later we went back and got married there bringing 14 members of our family with us and they also loved it.

It's now 12 months since we were last there but we are now looking for any advice and roccomebdations from anyone who has been to Skiathos but is now ready to venture to an equally beautiful Greek island!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

Gary73 - Thats my experience, shared here, and I am here all year not just for two weeks. You get a different type of traveller, who goes over to the other islands.

I think NewDawn1066 summed it up very well, Give it a try one day ...

Edited: 16 March 2013, 12:16
Durham
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

the ellisons said

Look at fiscardo in northern kefalonia. Such a wonderful place, beautiful, great tavernas, tranquil apart from aug when lots of Italians arrive. From here you can visit Assoss - now if anyone can say there is a more amazing place in the Greek islands to visit I will eat my sun hat!

It certainly is beautiful, good shout.

3 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

Hi, a bit late now for this summer I guess, but I would recommend Poros, a really pretty little island, which you can get to from Athens Port. I love Skiathos myself and have been there many times and Poros is the most similar island for me. Very pretty town, similar to Skiathos.

Also, quite different but still picture-postcard pretty is the village of Noussa on the island of Paros, little sugar cube buildings - really stunning.

Maybe Try next year!

essex
Level Contributor
667 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

try the islands that are more greek then the usual tourist islamds going kalymnos in oct been to naxos symi paros all loverly ps alright ian hows things busy?

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

Buster get back here, where's my cod/salmon for winter. There is a time when it's a barbounia too far. Kalymos is good for sponges, nothing else. Damn quiet, come back soon, your island needs you ...

Edited: 05 August 2013, 13:02
essex
Level Contributor
667 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

nice one mate

47. Re: Love Skiathos, looking for similar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations