We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat excursions

epsom
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Boat excursions

Hello,

What boat excursions are available from Skiathos harbour ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat excursions

Hi!

I am no expert about skiathos however I see you have no replies as yet so hopefully I can help a little bit. There are boat excursions around Skiathos including places like Lalaria, Kastro, asselinos and Tsougria with stops for swims etc. There are other excursions to Skopelos that allows time spent on the island to look around. there are a few 'one day' trips available and different boats able to take you there, one being Poseidon.

Hope this helps?!

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat excursions

We have just been on a round the island boat trip on the Kalypso 15 euros great value...there are also the Mamma mia boat trips, and one to Skopelos and Alonnosis for 20 euros (if you book in advance)

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
548 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat excursions

Please try Boat Eleni, I can't recommend it highly enough. Iiannis and Kostas are the best hosts! The trip takes you to Lalaria, Kastro and then over to Tsougria with all drinks included for 10 Euros each.

As they say they aren't Thomas Cook so no microphones and you aren't crammed on like sardines... Really fab experience, very laid back and I can't recommend it enough.

We did the trip twice during our holiday and we intend to do the same, if not more, this holiday.

4. Re: Boat excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2013, 18:17
Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat excursions

Edited: 01 June 2013, 16:25
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
232 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat excursions

There are lots of boat trips available going to various places, small boats or large ferries. I'd recommend going to Skopelous on a small boat, swim stops on the way and lunch on the boat. George and his wife are great hosts, can't remember the name of his boat sorry but will try and remember. Taxi fare to the Mamma Mia church was a bit of a shock at 40 euros so make sure you share with someone else from the trip and share the cost.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat excursions

Hi Lesley, can you give more details re this Mamma Mia trip.

Do they play Abba songs, is there a sing song ?

Do they serve drinks ?

Does it go daily ?

Thanks, Gary

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat excursions

we went on the Poseidon Mama Mia trip for 20 euros each. Some songs played but quite low key, 3 super stops including the beach before the church where you get off and can walk up to the church, a good stop in Skopelos town where we bought lunch and a swimming stop at the mama mia beach for an hour and a half.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 19:06
Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat excursions

Re the Mamma mia trip on Kalypso - they play Mamma Mia music all the way, there is dancing and a quiz, where you get a free drink for the right answer! Drinks are sold on board as well. On Panormas beach there is a fab taverna (there are 3 together and it's the one on the right) they have huge barrels of home made wine!

The courgette balls/fritters are gorgeous :-)

the trip to the mamma mia church is supposed to be 30 minutes but the grumpy bus driver was at fault and only gave us 20. The girl on board who sold us the tickets is going to make it clear to passengers how long you get at the church. It is worth going to see for yourself how beautiful it is!

it's a fabulous boat trip and Ian who sells the tickets is a great guy, stop and have a chat with him when you are passing!

essex
Level Contributor
667 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat excursions

it would take me 20 mins to walk up the stairs to the church hee hee

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town