We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
223 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Mustang Car Hire

We hired a jeep from this place. We had worked out a deal with them for a quad bike but when we returned next day, there were none left. They offered the same deal for a Jimney Jeep 160 euros for 7 days, although when it came to the paperwork they tried to charge us extra. We stuck fast and managed to get the deal, but only after many phone calls to the boss and nearly walking out. They tried to make us use cash only, and we're reluctant to let us use our credit card. Again we stuck fast.

The Jeep we were given was old, tatty, scratched, dirty inside and out, and certainly not road worthy. There was no tread on the spare tyre. A death trap. We took it slowly round the island, just in case.

Whilst we still had the jeep, I was on trip advisor and read that someone had taken their jeep back to Mustang and the technician said there was a fault and tried to charge the holidaymakers extra. We remembered this and were prepared be conned.

When we came to return the Jeep after 7 days...they looked round the jeep and said all was ok. We started to walk away, but then was called back. The technician had found the roof catch broken, and there was the broken plastic part in his hand. He tried to charge us for this. We had not broken it, in fact we never had the roof up. We believe he had had the small broken part in his hand and planted it. We just laughed at him, and said no way, and walked away!!!

Crooks! Conmen!!! Avoid

ruislip
Level Contributor
175 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

I contacted them in peak season and they wanted £500+ for a jeep for two weeks;needless to say i didnt take up the offer and used the bus or water taxi which was very good;with hindsight i made the right choice and next year i will do the same.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
214 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Following recommendations on previous trip advisor reviews, we used Mustang in June. We hired a jeep, and had to pay cash. The jeep was dirty inside and out, most of the roof catches were broken and paintwork appalling. Fortunately we weren't charged any extras for damage that we hadn't done. Wouldn't use Mustang again or recommend. Plenty of other car hire places to choose and prices are competitive.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

We have found Victoria very good, reliable, clean cars at a very good price-have had a jeep and a small 2xdoor car and will be using them again for next year-cant fault them.Pick up at the airport then leave there at departure.

london
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

mustang have been doing this for years. It happened to us five years ago and to some other friends three years ago .And it was proved to be the same Jeep.Unfortunately we had our comments removed from Tripadvisor. It's a shame they are able to carry on with these bully boy ways but the more people who comment the better

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

mustang rental are cheap but cheap is not always good - rented a jimny jeep at the end of august 2013 for 2 weeks, quality of the car was terrible must have been one of the oldest on the island - would never have passed a MOT in the UK - at the end of the rental charged me for existing faults saying I had caused them which was not true perhaps another way of making extra money from the paying public the English guy at the koukanouries office was down right rude needs to learn some customer service or he's just a puppet for madga the owner - upon looking at the rental agreement in detail they had written down only 50 euro's for a 2 week rental when it actually cost me 400euros obviously trying to avoid paying the tax - I mentioned this and they agreed

i was not a 1st time visitor to skiathos, been enjoying glorious holidays for the past 10 years on the island, unfortunately the treatment i received by these cowboys has left a nasty stain on the island

shame companies like mustang rental are still trying to avoid paying their taxes

if you decided to use mustang please make sure you check the vehicle all over before driving away and have any possible faults listed on your documents especially check the roof clips if you hire a jimny from them

Edited: 30 October 2013, 12:39
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

In fairness to Mustang we hired a quad bike and it was very new and in excellent condition, however while out in the hillsides we got a puncture, phoned Mustang and a mechanic turned up in now time and got it fixed. Also found them to be the cheapest so we were very pleased with them.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Did you hire the vehicle from the Koukounaries office ???

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

No, we used the one in Skiathos Town, top of Papadiementis Street.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town