We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Staying at the taxiarchis apartments skiathos town would be interested in things to do places to see its our 10th wedding ave cant wait any must take items

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Just take yourselves & enjoy!

However, you really need a good camera /iPhone to capture the most spectacular views.

To celebrate your anniversary you need to plan an amazing meal - but where?

You will get differing opinions. Having just returned our top 3 places this year (Reviews to follow) would be

Anatoli, En Plo, Final Step. The Windmill has a "Honeymoon" table & was good when we visited a couple of years ago.

On a sensible note, take sunscreen as more expensive on the island.

Have a wonderful time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Thank you for your comments we have got a good camera but taking ipad as well but a bit big to carry round. We have looked at the final steps restaurant and it does look inviting.

Are meal expensive we have hear differant reports.

This is our 1 time to skiathos so i hope we like it. Been to a few Greek inlands and know what to expect basic. The reviews for the taxiarchis apartment look great.

Thanks again G C from nelson lancashire

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

G C in Skiathos you can eat as cheaply or extravagant as you wish.

On the whole you can get a fabulous 2 course evening meal for around €15 each plus drink.

Having said that, if you just want Gyros..... Much much less. If you want fillet steak/lobster.....

Hope this helps

Whitstable
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Just flew back from Skiathos yesterday. Has a fantastic time. Went with Thomas Cook so booked two excursions with their rep. The trip to Skopelos (Secluded Skopelos) was the "Mamma Mia" trip. This was 30 Euros, however if you want to go to the famous church on the hill it is an extra 12.5 Euros. Basically without paying that extra cost it is just a boat trip. We also booked the Sacred Skiathos tour which included a trip to two churches and the only functioning Monastery. It is truly a stunning and peaceful place and the guide was so very knowledgeable. The Thomas Cook reps also offered a walk around the old town of Skiathos. This cost 10 Euros with the money going to the Dog Sanctuary on the Island and the Thomas Cook charity. This was a good walk as they took you to places that you would never find without a guide.

The weather was getting hotter with each day so be prepared with a high factor sunscreen and also the mossies were out in force - I was told by a local that they are a problem in June.

Not sure if you are aware (I wasn't) but the runway is so short that they can only refuel the plane to get you to the Greek mainland where you land and take on enough fuel to get you home - I hate take off and landings so was not too amused!!

The airport is still under development and as most of the tour operators use the same days for arrivals/departures, when you get to the airport you have to check in and then disappear for a couple of hours. There are a couple of local bars. However be warned if they tell you that you can walk to the local beach - it is just a few rocks and some murky water. It is also at the end of the runway and if you are fortunate enough to be standing there when a plane comes in to land you can see the whites of the pilot's eyes!! Truly an experience and no security fencing so plane spotters would be in their element.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Thanks for your reply yes we have watched YouTube airplane landings i am so looking forward to that i love take off and landing i have been on Concorde and that is truly awesome. Just hope we miss the fence

We have been laughing our heads off at the videos. I always say you would do nothing life is one big chance i only hope and always said if any thing has to happen its on the way back then i have had my holiday at least.

My mum in law got killed crossing a road when your numbers up its up.

We will be going out every night we like to try different places thats the high lights of our holiday we are taking 1400 Euros for two weeks but we will have bank card.

Many thanks for your reply

Glynis lancashire England

Level Contributor
715 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

I'm here at the moment and there are so many fantastic things to do and see. I personally would never book a trip with the tour company, just walk down to the harbour and choose the trip you like the sound of for far less than the tour operators charge. The beaches here are to die for and there is a bus that runs from one end of the island to the other. I've not had a bad meal at any restaurant here. Just enjoy :-)

You can even get a little bus from the harbour up to the monastery .

Edited: 15 June 2014, 06:43
Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Mosquito repellent and Raid (to spray your room). Mosquitos LOVE me, see?? You can buy all these things at the local mini market.

Spray under the beds and in the bathroom, they are very good at hiding.

Oh, and have a gorgeous time.

halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

Hi Jules

Did you manage to.

escape the storm yesterday Hope you weren't half way up the hill to the dog shelter at the time.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Sue

9. Re: 1 week and we are of to skiathos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations