We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

Hi

Could someone please advise if this is a catholic church or can you have a catholic wedding at this church. Many thanks

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

As far as I understand, it is used for both Catholic and Anglican services. Regarding your question about weddings I would contact the church directly.

Are you from outside Portugal? If so, you should note the rules for getting married there. I believe you have to have been staying there for around thirty days with an appropriate visa. There is a recent thread on this on trip advisor.

This link may also be helpful:

gettingmarriedinportugal.com/info-legal/…

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

You could also email www.Algarveweddingplanners.com/ they should be able to let you no if you can get married in this church.

Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

Thank-you for the responses, I will contact the wedding planner. I'm nearly certain the laws around marriage in portugal have changed so you no longer need to be a resident but I will confirm with the wedding planner.

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

Yes get in touch with them my daughter is getting married in Algarve next year and she is using them.

Alton, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

Hi, I'm sure you are sorted out by now but... My parents are very involved with his church. The person responsible for weddings Is Mary Young but anyone will help you. All details are on the church website.

6. Re: Nossa Senhora da luz-church in praia da luz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Luz
Recent Conversations