We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

Which Luz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

So having looked online I see that the cheapest way to get from the airport to praia da luz will be via a shared shuttle bus (I'm travelling alone) that can take two hours.

If I'm going to be on a bus for two hours I'd like it to have a toilet, would this be expecting too much? Should I just cough up and pay for a private transfer?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

Cough up would be my tip.

Trust me it's that cheap to eat out or buy drinks when you get there, that the transfer fee will be well worth paying !

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

Usually, the time on the shuttle bus entirely depends on who is booked on it with you (that is, where they are going). If most of the people are going to Lagos, then it will probably take less time than if most of the passengers want to get off in Albufeira. Even, I think a private car journey would be a good hour. But you could request a comfort stop too.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,832 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

Using a shared shuttle can even involve waiting up to an hour at the airport as they take people from various flights arriving at different times. You may be sitting on the bus for up to 3 hours. No water, no toilets, sounds like a bad start for a holiday.

If flight times suit, you could do the Faro - Lagos bit by train. They have toilets and it costs only €7,30 single. But it does take 1hr 40 minutes or so. Overall it would more expensive and probably take longer than plan A as it involves either two more buses or taxis at each end.

4. Re: Strange question re airport transfers (toilets)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Luz
Recent Conversations