We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbati Advice

Which Barbati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
13 posts
Save Topic
Barbati Advice

Hi, I am planning a 10 day self catering holiday to Barbati in July 2014 but having never been to the area before was after some advice/information about the area. We are a young couple (21 and 22) but prefer a quiet holiday rather than a party holiday hence choosing this area. I wanted to know:

-how much should we budget for the 10 days?

-what is the average price of food/drink in the area/surrounding areas? and an recommendations?

-are there any supermarkets in the area and how reasonably are they priced?

-do you have any recommendations for car rentals?

-how much is there to do in the area?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Corfu Town, Greece
Level Contributor
174 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbati Advice

If you are talking about Barbati in Corfu, then you must know that it is a small village which has been constructed around a very popular beach (a lot of Corfiots have their beach houses there).The beach isnice but Iif you are there in August its going to be full of people, there are 3 beach bars with decent but not cheap food, but it is a 10 minute drive to Ipsos and 20 to Corfu town, it is in the middle of the eastern part of the island, so it is very convenient if you have a car.If you go in the middle period it is a very good choise.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,590 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbati Advice

I stayed in Barbati a long time ago so can't really comment about restaurants/prices etc., but two things which won't have changed are the beach, which is pebbles, and the fact that some accommodation is up a pretty steep hill. The resort is in the foothills of mount Pantokrator, so I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise!

When we stayed there it was very quiet; since then a lot of accommodation has been built, so it will certainly be a lot busier, but I can't imagine it's the sort of place where lots of people stay out till 3 a.m.! The area is lovely, and there are some good walks to be had, if that interests you.

Reply to: Barbati Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barbati