We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Looking into going to Corfu in Mid Sept.

I'm wondering approximately how much it would cost to take a taxi from the airport to the Pantokrator hotel in Barbati? Just thought this would be quicker than a holiday transfer…..as we land around 10 p.m. and don't fancy trying to find it in the dark !!!!

Also is there any local car hire companies in Barbati - as when we're settled we would like to hire a car for a few days to see more of the Island at our own convenience….

The last time we did this was on our honeymoon 30 years ago by moped….. but feel a car would be more suitable now ;)

Very excited to reminisce around the Island !!!!!!

13 replies to this topic
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Can nobody help me with this please? Any Destination Experts on here????

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Hi DCL, I can't help with a price I'm afraid, but if you type "Taxi" in the search box just above the forum posts you'll get old entries where people have asked the same question and a lot of times there'll be contact emails or phone No's to taxi Co's.

Sorry I cant be more help

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Many thanks - for you reply…. will look now ;)

Just booked the flight and hotel - so very pleased !!!!!

bristol
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Hi private taxi transfer for two shouild be around 45 euros each way to Pantokrator Hotel maybe slightly more as out of town a bit. You will find a few car hire places down in Barbati. A small car about 75euros for three days. Try e-mailing the hotel they may be able to arrange a transfer for you. NE coast is still a beautiful part of Corfu.

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
691 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

The official taxi association webpage has a pricelist, in which Barbati from the airport is around 42 Euros one way.

www.ctts.gr/content/view/15/38/lang,en/

Pontypridd
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Just come back from Barbati. Stayed with Villa Plus just past Nicholas supermarket. Used taxi from airport not Villa Plus because they are way overpriced. We were charged 40 euros from airport and the same price on way back. Incidentally when you get there and want to go by bus to Corfu old town that is 2.20 euros. Easier than trying to drive around Corfu town AND finding a place to park.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Just seeing how you got on as we are due to go to the same hotel. I to was wondering if a taxi is better/ quicker option than bus/mini bus shuttle? We will be 2 female travellers and will need transfers in the middle of the night

Thanks

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Carebear73

We have weighed up our options….. and have decided to hire a car from the airport for our whole holiday…..

hoping this will be more cost effective than having a taxi from the airport to our hotel the night we arrive :)

Have a great time !!!!

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
691 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

..just do your homework before and study the road you have to drive, cause as you say, it will be night time.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?

Thanks I am considering a taxi but unsure of availability/ safety in the early hours! Wondering if safer to go for shared shuttle although May but be others travelling at stupid o'clock! Mot been to Greece for over 20 years we are used to the canaries. Hoping it will still be hot in September

Reply to: Approx cost for taxi from Airport to Barbati please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barbati