We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Paleokastritsa taxi - July

Hi- am arriving at the airport about 22.00 in July, and will need a taxi to Paleokastritsa.

Is it better to pre- book, or get a taxi at the airport,? I don't want to be ripped off, and I don't want a kamikazi driver.!

Also - can anyone tell me the current price for a fare, as I have seen various prices.

Many thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

We are in the same boat...we arrive on the 15th from Bristol....I hope someone can confirm!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

There are always taxis at the airport waiting for incoming flights, you just have to agree the fare before you hop in, I would reckon about 45-50 Euros single.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

Thankyou.

Just hope we find a reasonable driver !

bristol
Level Contributor
762 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

I should contact the people you are staying with as they may be able to prebook for you at a good price

Cumbria
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

We have just returned from our holiday in Paleo, we were advised to get a taxi outside the airport instead of pre booking. We had no trouble finding one and the fare cost 45 euros. The driver was okay and the road isn't too bad from the airport to Paleo, it took about 35 minutes.

For the return journey we used Vasilis Michalas who is based in Paleo, we used him during our stay to get us to the start of some of our walks when there was no bus and he comes well recommended. The fare back to the airport with Vasilis cost 40 euros

His phone number is mob 6944621938 or 6947545185 I think he and his son run the business together and both are good drivers.

Hope this is helpful and if I can help you with anything else regarding your trip please feel free to ask.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

Thankyou very much for your helpful reply. I will definetly call Vassilis.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

Anyone who has gone or is there, we are thinking about Elly Beach resort in Liapades (next to Paleo) and wondering:

1) if any of you have checked out that hotel

2) if there is enough nightlife in the Paleo/Liapades towns to go out for a beer or dessert at night and feel like you aren't in the middle if nowhere.

Tony

8. Re: Paleokastritsa taxi - July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Paleokastritsa
Recent Conversations