We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

I am looking at a couple of accommodation options and have come across Tango's in Paleokastritsa. They apartments look lovely with a sea view - their own website doesnt mention it, but it appears to have a Tango bar next door/downstairs. It does look quiet chilled out

I like a good nights sleep - is this place noisy to be staying near?? I cannot seem to find many reviews - is that good or bad news!!!?!?

My other location would the Kassiopi - which is best - Paleo or Kassiopi??

thanks

Blackcat73

Mentioned in this post
Paleokastritsa Beach
Paleokastritsa Beach
4,053 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Kassiopi
Kassiopi
1,861 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Bingley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

I've been to Corfu 10 times and stopped at Paleokastritsa 5 times.I've booked the Tango apartments for this september and although I've not stopped at these apartments before, I'm familiar with their location.They have views to die for and Triada beach on your doorstep,allbeit down 50 or 60 steps.Paleo is a smattering of studios,hotels,tavernas, minimarkets and shops, spread out about 2 kilometres from the begining of the resort, winding down to the harbour,Tango is about midway,If you email Katerina at Tango,she replies very quickly and is very helpful,we have just got a cracking deal through their website.I,ve been to Kassiopi and it's very nice but it's not as laid back or chilled out as Paleo.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Paleokastritsa Beach
Paleokastritsa Beach
4,053 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Kassiopi
Kassiopi
1,861 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

Thank you - that's reassuring - although shortly after asking about these apartments and getting ready to book - the flights then shot up in price, so am re-considering my options!

Blackcat73

Bingley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

Just like to add,the prices quoted at Tango include breakfast,perhaps just a roll and coffee and collection from the airport!! I've just booked my day flights through thomson, departing from Manchester and they work out cheaper than easyjet and monarch!!

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Budapest, Hungary
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

Hi!

Did you get to Corfu and Tango apt. finally? How did you like it?

Is the apartment not too noisy from the traffic? the main road seems to be just next to it! We are also planning to travel there in September.

Thank you!

Levente

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

paleo is amazing mate,and tango rooms are the most cleanest lovely rooms you can find,they are dead spacey to.the bar turns the music down late at night.i stayed there before.the veiw is stunning !

Tirana, Albania
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

So please, can someone tell me whether it is worth it going there?

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

We stayed at Tango Apartments for 14 days this summer and it was really great. The view from the terrace and from your room's balcony over the bay of Paleo is stunning. Service was impeccable, Katerina and her family see about everything you need. Rooms are clean and spacious. AC is in the rooms as well. Breakfast is the best though, plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cake etc.

To the beach it's only a couple of minutes and you have lots of other restaurants in the area (although we can also recommend having lunch or dinner at Tango Bar).

We can absolutely recommend Tango. Great holiday.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

hi i have just booked it also for next august 2013 paid £1500 in total for 3 people for flights and accomodation at tango for 12 nghts , just wondered if this was cheap as it is the uk school hols aswell ,

so would like to know if there are plenty of places to eat also got a 15 year old with me just hope shes not to bored

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

Hi Lynn

£500pp for 12 nights in August sounds okay to me!

Paleokastritsa is spread over a few miles or so of coastline and as a result tavernas are also spread out. You may have to walk a little however there are a few shops and places to eat near to your accom - recommend nereids 2 mins wk away down the hill and spiros taverna up the hill on the edge of the resort. Tango bar itself is a good place for light meals and snacks and has a busy but relaxed vibe in the evenings. You are also less than 5 mins walk from nearest beach, reached by steps. It is a lovely area of paleokastritsa in my opinion.

With regard to teenage boredom, it depends what she is into, it is a fairly quiet part of corfu but I would never predict what a 15yo will enjoy! There is snorkelling and boat trips available. Corfu town is 45 mins by bus which is great for shopping people watching history and also has a young vibe as there are usually lots of students around.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions, I'm not an expert on paleo but stayed this year and loved it.

Edited: 05 November 2012, 12:34
Mentioned in this post
Paleokastritsa Beach
Paleokastritsa Beach
4,053 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at Tango apartments, Paleokastritsa??

hi thanks for your message appreciate it, i don't mind the walking really , shes fairly easy going so think she be ok, going to hire a car for about 4 days so hopefully try and find cheap one , also would wondered if the beaches get to busy and trying to find a spot as ive read in the reviews that it get very bust during school hols ,

thanks lyn

Get answers to your questions about Paleokastritsa