We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for warm sea water

Chennai
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Searching for warm sea water

To any destination experts or current vacationers: have you visited any beaches recently and found the water warm? Like bath water warm? I am happy to drive the distance for this....it doesn't have to be close to Kassiopi (where we are staying). We are here for 6 more days....and I'm really craving some truly warm water. The beaches in Kassiopi are a tad chilly (for me).

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for warm sea water

Many beaches in Corfu have Blue Flag ratings, partly due to the fact that we are an island and the deeper sea currents replace the water on resort beaches. Inevitably, the cleanest water is the freshest and probably the coolest. The sea is currently at about 25C. If you really must have warmer than this, then seek out the shallower, sheltered beaches on the east of the island where the water is more static.

Steve

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for warm sea water

The water temperarure on the main beach at Sidari is usually like a warm bath, as it's so shallow. You have to go a fair way out to get it above your knees.

The several smaller coves and beaches in the Canal D'Amour area are usually warm as well and it is a very scenic area - much more so than the main beaches.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for warm sea water

Try St George south or one of the larger beaches on the west coast where there are less hills and mountains. Apparently the spring water from the mountains enters the sea keeping it cooler. I find that you swim through cold patches but it's not really cold as such.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Searching for warm sea water

Boat trip to Paxos & Anti Paxos, water is beautiful there,especially on Anti Paxos

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for warm sea water

Hi,

Paelo is known for having the coldest waters on the island. Of course, it isn't cold like it would be here in the uk, but if swimming in warm waters is high on your list, Paelo waters won't tick that box!

Rachel

:o)

Bolton
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Searching for warm sea water

Most definitely Apraos Beach...I could not believe how warm it was. it was like sitting in a bath, truly. Best thing is, it is shallow so you can just lie down on the sea bed with it just lapping over you. Have been going to Corfu for years and only just found this little gem.x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Searching for warm sea water

115 here again today ///// if you find a cold sea please let us know

its unbearable in the afternoon , hoping for a storm to cool it down promised but not always true,dozens by bins [ plastic chairs all melting.]......

8. Re: Searching for warm sea water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Paleokastritsa
Recent Conversations