We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Which Paleokastritsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Just looking at possibly booking a holiday for 1st two weeks in September, not much choice now possibly stay at Fortini or Aphrodite. Forum checked and states there are 17 resturants but besides drinking at bars in the resturants are there any other just Greek bars. Also read that all the resturants are spread out , while your walking along from 1 resturant to the other is it a nice walk and what are the prices for a large beer , sunbed x2 and parasol , and average price for a meal not including wine. I have stayed in several parts of Greece including Parga and went to lassi in Kefalonia in June and loved these places, like to try somewhere different and the review on Paleokastritsa reads like it is very pretty and llaid back just how I like my holidays. Thanks for your help.

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

There are a number of bars dotted along the 2km Paleo costal Rd, Petrino's in the centre of town is friendly and very well regarded by customers of all ages. A good pint of Greek Mythos or Alfa beer is 2/3 euros. Then there are the bars catering for younger crowds in very scenic locations like "The Grotto" half way up the Paleo coastal road where a good cocktail will set you back 5/6 euros. Acapulco is still further down the Coastal Rd some 2km away from the main beach but arguably has the best bar view in all Paleo and friendly too. Average price for a meal out in Paleo is about 10-15 euros, (for 12 euros you will find the best fillet steak in "Elia Taverna" near "Acapulco" ) a jug of wine will set you back another 4 euros. A parasol and chair will set generally set you back between 5-8 euros.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Thanks for your reply ,have now booked to go 2nd September for 2 weeks and counting.

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Glad to help, have a great time :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Hi bailey b, we went last august and found it not to expensive. Off again in 2 weeks so can't be to bad!!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Thanks for that just looking forward to another chilling out holiday, nice walks ,sunbathing and a few drinks at night before we have our evening meal.

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Well the 3.5km Paleo costal road from the main beaches to the end of town is a really lovely scenic walk, perfect for an evening stroll, just keep to the side of the road when the pavement runs out and well worth doing this as we found generally it gets cheaper and better to eat the further you get away from the beaches. If you like a daytime walk and are a bit of a foodie up for adventure you can always take one of the many steep mule paths off up to Laconas village, about a 40 minute journey through the olive groves, (turn right when you get up to the village and half a km down there is a lovely family run traditional little taverna there called Boulis that serves Corful dishes and veg from their garden. The bakery next door is family run since the 60's and is outstanding.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Hi bailey

We go 2nd sept too. I'll be on the mythos and the wife some ridiculous cocktail.

Some good tips on this thread

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

bailey b, you seem to have exactly the same requirements for your hol as we do!

Nice walks, sunbathing and chilling with a book, glass or 2 of wine, followed by lovely meal!

We got all that last year in Paleo and can't wait to return, 2 weeks today!

Edited: 19 July 2013, 21:19
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

Thanks for all you information ,as this was a late booking and wanted to go to Skiathos .glad I have booked here after all the replys I have received confident now I have made the right choice.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars and Prices in Paleo.

You must do a trip to Corfu Town, 30ish mins on bus and then get the ferry , 10 mins over to a small island called Vidos. You can have a drink or lunch there and lovely to walk around. Only cost about 2 euros on the boat return.

Get answers to your questions about Paleokastritsa
Recent Conversations