We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hireing a Mo-ped

Which Paleokastritsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hireing a Mo-ped

Hi .due to go to Paleokastritsa in 3 weeks and always like to hire a 125 MoPed. Does any one know if you can hire one and how much it would cost,generally hire a bike for about 3 days ,Thanks.

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Spiros bikes is friendly, he is opposite the sign for Akron beach, I think approx 25 euros for one day, maybe cheaper for three.

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

careful, due to intense heat roads very slippy/

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Thanks for your replys ,hubby will be careful. And at least it gives us a idea how much to budget for as every year we visit differnt parts of Greece and prices vary , any good places to visit on bike .

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

I think Moonpig has a good point as I'm still bearing scars on my elbows from 30 years ago, when I was mopeding in Paleo. A very experienced motorcycling couple staying at the same villa as me in May came off their scooter the same day they hired it as there is a lot of gravel on the mountain bends especially going up to the monastery. The 4X4 scooters for this reason have become popular and they can also be hired from Spiros for similar costs to a scooter.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 11:54
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Thanks for all your info ,Put me off letting huby hiring a moped ,are all the roads bad.

Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Hi Baily, soft tarmac, wet slippery roads and gravel run off from the mountains go with the picturesque Paleo terrain where roads tend to be narrow which is why many tourists prefer to hire a car or if they still want the freedom that a bike offers, couples hire the ever increasingly popular quad bike in Paleo.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 00:25
Honiton, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

The roadside shrines with little candles inside remembering victims of road accidents are many along the coastal road in Paleokastritsa, hope this helps.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Think will be telling hubby to leave the moped now, thought some of Paleo may have been ok to use bike on and was gonna use this to go to Corfu town and just ride about sightseeing on. But will have to change our plans , hubby not to keen on car hire , maybe have to do plenty of walking and use bus to Corfu. Decisions decisions. Thanks for all you're formation.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Spiros offers quads at 25 euros a day, I think. Possibly a better option than a moped - if you're happy to sacrifice speed for stability! I'd recommend exploring elsewhere of you're at Paleokastritsa for over a week.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hireing a Mo-ped

Quad bikes are really not that stable, be warned some of the hair pin bends leading up to lakones are really sharp and I've seen stranded quad bike riders stuck up mountains when coaches are on the same road. Quad bikes require you to shift your weight from side to side on bends they don't have the stability of a car. Brilliant on straight roads be careful going up hills on bends.

Get answers to your questions about Paleokastritsa
Recent Conversations