We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Devon
Level Contributor
611 posts
87 reviews
60 helpful votes
Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Hi all

I am about to book for 11 nights at Melmar View Hotel and can see from the many excellent reviews and posts on here that car hire is highly recommended, however we are bike lovers and am wondering if we can hire a scooter instead of a car?

Many thanks for any information

Lin

11 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
89 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Hi Lin,

There is at least one scooter rental company in Fiscardo.

http://www.fiscardo.com/litsos1.htm

Please check your travel insurance first as most do not cover use of scooters, quads etc. The insurance you get with the vehicle only covers anything or anybody you might hit; not you or your passenger. Apologies if you already know this.

Bob

Devon
Level Contributor
611 posts
87 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Bob you are a star thank you

Yes I did BUT it should always be mentioned - hubby holds full motorcycle licence (now aged 63 and held since 17) and as you have rightly said I always look for insurance that covers us. If he did not hold a full licence then the insurance would be much harder to find

Only once in my life has he dropped the bike with me on.....and that was in Greece. Low speed accident and no damage to bike or selfs thankfully.

The hotel looks amazing as does the surrounding area - plus the road has reopened so I must book today I think!!

Thank you

bristol
Level Contributor
913 posts
22 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

We always hire a scooter we have full m/c license but our travel insurance will only cover us 8p to 125 cc

bristol
Level Contributor
913 posts
22 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

8p??? up to!

Devon
Level Contributor
611 posts
87 reviews
60 helpful votes
5. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Hiya

Yeah ours is the same but usually plenty big enough for us to potter around on (I have had to walk up particularly steep hills in the passed 😂)

Have you stayed in the same area as the hotel?? Any hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Lin

bristol
Level Contributor
913 posts
22 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Yes I have had to get off and walk in years gone by but the bikes and roads are better now. We always get a bike wherever we are and have travelled most of kephalonia and all of ithaca as well as other islands of Greece. We enjoy the freedom and exploring so wherever you go sure you will enjoy

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Melmar View is a great hotel with lovely rooms, great swimming pool and good breakfasts. Dinos is the perfect host and will look after you. We went to his daughters christening and the party afterwards was at the hotel. It’s fantastic. Enjoy. Sorry can’t help with the bike question, we hire a car x

Devon
Level Contributor
611 posts
87 reviews
60 helpful votes
8. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Aw thank you so much Oliver, any info much appreciated bike related or not.

I am super excited about the hotel - its looks perfect for us and to be fair I will not be looking to go to far from that beautiful pool!!

Lin

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
30 reviews
33 helpful votes
9. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Hi Lin

We have visited the hotel but not stayed in it, as Oliver states it is lovely and in a very pretty spot.

There was some discussion about it in a thread last year which you might find useful. There was a fair amount of info about the immediate vicinity including beaches and restaurants

https:/…84612224

I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
30 reviews
33 helpful votes
10. Re: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel

Meant to add that as far as I’m aware Litsos, as mentioned by Bob, is the only one of the 2 car hire companies in Fiscardo which has scooters though it might be worth contacting the other - Pama travel

http://www.pamatravel.com/

Reply to: Bike hire near Melmar View Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations