We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Spending money

Hi

Staying in Fiskardo for a week, I know it's more expensive for every thing than anywhere else on the island.

Just wanted to to know if a £1000.00 would be enough for a week. With may be a 1 excursion in that week and to eat lunch and dinner in the evening. like to have a bottle of wine with dinner.

Any information would be great.

Thank You

8 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1. Re: Spending money

That’s the same amount I take each year for two adults and one child and have never run out, despite the dip in value of the Euro. We normally eat out at least twice a day, plenty of drinks in the evening and at least one day trip or boat rental. I also don’t find it massively more expensive than the rest of the island but that could just be because we are used to it.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,308 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Spending money

Hi,

It depends on how many of you there are.

For two of you that should be fine.

Just note that unless you have transfers or a rental car, then a taxi from the airport to Fiscardo will cost about 85€ each way.

Bob

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Spending money

We will be staying in Vathy, Ithaca and will be travelling to Fiscardo. What is the best way to get there without a car? Is there a ferry service from Ithaca?

4. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 August 2018, 17:40

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Spending money

Bob when we were in Fiscardo in July a service had just started linking nidri, Ithaca and Fiscardo - I’m wondering if it’s still running, we didn’t use it as it was quicker to drive to Sami and ferry from there. But if Kathy doesn’t have a car and doesn’t mind a slight detour via nidri it may be worth considering- contact west ferries ( I think nautilus ? In Fiscardo is the booking agent hopefully bob or fiscardofan will be able to advise )

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,308 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Spending money

Hi Kathy.

I made a complete mistake. For some reason I thought you were staying in Assos!!

Elizabeth's solution is a possibility. However this might be better. If you can get from Vathy to Piso Aetos (10€ taxi fare or until 10th September a bus for about 2€) You can catch the 09:00 ferry to Sami. Then you can get the bus to Fiscardo which leaves Sami at 10:45. It takes about 2 hours.

Bus timetable here.

https:/…local-routes-summer

Hope this helps.

Bob

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Spending money

Hi Kathy C and Elizabeth

I don’t think West Ferry have resumed the service linking Fiscardo and Ithaca, no mention on their website.

It seems that Ionian Pegalos have introduced a service Ithaca-Nidri then after a possible few hours wait Nidri-Fiscardo

Kathy, you don’t mention when exactly you’re going, ferry times do vary, there might be a shorter wait doing the Nidri-Fiscardo leg on West Ferry. Best to look at the timetables for both companies

www.ionionpelagos.com/en/content/111

www.westferry.gr

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Spending money

Many thanks this is really useful.

Reply to: Spending money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations