We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Litsos rent a car - rip off

California
5 posts
Save Topic
Litsos rent a car - rip off

I do not recommend for anyone to rent/hire any vehicles from LITSOS RENT A CAR as he is the biggest conniving scoundrel ever. My family and I visited Fiscardo in July 2009 and he ripped us off. We had made a pre-booking whereby a price was agreed upon, and on our arrival he almost doubled the rate and he knew that it would be almost impossible to get a vehicle else where. He had a sly smile on his ugly face, and we will not refer him to anyone. We have heard of other people complaining about his sly ways, but didn’t believe it till it happened to us. I am convinced this message will not get posted, but I will keep on trying.

Helena Gianacopoulou - California

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hi there

Well, yes, the message has been posted as you can see but I'm wondering why you've waited nine months to post this? People seem to have told you to watch out for this guy yet you still rented from him, AND at double the quoted price? How much more evidence did you need? - I would have told him to stick his cars and taken a chance elsewhere, someone would have had a car available.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hey and welcome Helena..have to agree w/GB here! Wondering as well why you didn't advise/post last year when all this went down?! Not for nothing..since I haven't had the pleasure as of yet to visit the isle, but would think like most large/popular isles, there would be a choice of rentals..no?! Think it may have been easier to just walk away;-) Hope you can a good time while there though..and enjoyed!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Litsos is in effect the ONLY car hire firm in Fiscardo.

I say 'in effect' because although there's a small travel agent in the port - Pama which advertises car hire weve found in successive years that even in May (low season ) they've had either no vehicles available or availabilty just for the odd day. Last year their explanation was that they are 'tied' to a Tour Operator and can only offer vehicles to others if the TO hasn't taken up their option.

(Their website suggests a large fleet - maybe this year things will be different, we'll see in 5 weeks time)

Some of the Car Rental companies in Lassi will deliver to Fiscardo for a fee but if like Helena you have already prebooked you are hardly likely to go armed with names, addresses and telephone numbers of Companies at the opposite end of the Island.

For what its worth we've used Litsos for the last few years and have had excellent service. However a few months ago another member posted about their bad experience too, I guess we can all only speak as we find!!

I wont attempt to speak for Helena as to why she waited 9 months to post but maybe, just maybe the fact that she only joined today has something to do with it?

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

I always have dounts about this kind of post. It's hardly unknown for someone to set out to trash a competitor by claiming to be a victim.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

i would have told him to shove it, and if a company is so bad it cant supply cars in the busy period i would look for one that can

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

I'm with Philhellene on this. A sly smile, eh?

California
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hi guys, Helena here, the only reason i waited for so long is i did not know of this site until yesterday, when i came across it purely by accident, and i saw some write up on Litsos and decided to share my experience. I really dont want to trash Litsos but my experience is real, it is not in my character to trash anyone unless they have done wrong things to me. i still maintain that i would not do business with that man ever again.

just an advise that we found out months later, i will share it with you, in Sami there are lots of car hire places and their prices are extremely competitive and if you want to go to Fiscardo, you can have a nice scenic drive from Sami

California
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hi there,

i am no competitor to this guy, and I do not live in Greece, iam from a Greek descent but born and bred far far away from Greece.

California
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hi GB,

Yes, people did warn us of Litsos, but we thought that maybe people exaggerate, and we decided to give Litsos rent a car in Fiscardo the benefit of the doubt, until we got bitten too. Never again.

California
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Litsos rent a car - rip off

Hi Fiscardo Fan,

Firstly i gather from your message you will be in Cephalonia soon, I wish you a wonderful hoiliday as the island is magnificent.

i have already explained to one member, that the only reason i waited for so long is that i was not aware of this site until yesterday. I saw some write up for Litso sand decided to write my experience. There are a lot of people who have doubts hey? already one member suspects i am a competitor. Maybe I should go to Fiscardo and start my own business renting vehicles out. i am sure i will make a killing, coz i will exercise morals and ethics.

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations