We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Fiscardo

Which Fiscardo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire in Fiscardo

My wife and I are spending 4 days in Kefalonia this summer, arriving by Ferry in Fiskardo. Does anybody know of any car rental companies whereby we can hire a car in Fiscardo and leave it at the airport?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

Hi Clive and welcome to the forum,

"Fiscardofan" is an expert on car hire in the town. As it is only four days and Fiscardo is about 50 km from the airport I wonder if it might be best to negotiate with the hire company to send a driver with you to the airport to take the car back.

Alternatively Pefanis a well regarded company, say on their website that they have arrangements with other companies throughout the island. It might be worth contacting them.

http://www.pefanis-car-hire-kefalonia.co.uk/

Bob

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

Hi Clive and welcome

There are just 2 car hire companies based in Fiscardo. Litsos and Pama.

We have used Litsos many times but have always picked the car up and returned it in the village itself. As far as I'm aware they don't do an airport service. Funnily enough I was going to pop in and ask them that myself as the last few years, since transfers haven't been included, we've picked a car up and returned it at the airport, through companies highly recommended on TA we found the quality of the cars quite poor, nowhere near as good as Litsos.

Their website www.litsos-rentacar.gr doesn't appear active at the moment so I don't know if their email address is either fiskardo@litsos-rentacar.gr. otherwise there are telephone and fax numbers for them at www.fiscardo.com

Pama travel is part of Ionian Island holidays and when we enquired about car hire, albeit several years ago now, they were extremely unhelpful, bordering on rude, and stated that their fleet is reserved for guests of Ionian unless they have surplus, which they didn't at the time which was low season. Nevertheless they do advertise car hire so maybe they are a little more accommodating these days! Their details are also on Fiscardo.com

Fiscardo, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

Hello Mr Fiscardofan,

In reply to your comments with regards to the availability of hire cars from Pama Travel, we would just like you to know that our fleet is the largest in the north of Kefalonia and we are constantly expanding. We not only supply customers travelling with Ionian Island Holidays, but we also have a substantial number of hire cars available for local hire, and our prices are very competitive.

We would have appreciated it had you contacted us directly to verify the current car hire situation before advising people of your significantly outdated experience with us.

You or any other readers may contact us directly (the office is open between the middle of April to the end of October) for further information (regarding car hire or local excursions), either by email on: pamatvl@otenet.gr or by telephone on: 0030 26740 41033

Thank you.

Your sincerely,

Pama Travel

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

Hi Pama,

Fiscardofan does conclude her comments by saying

"Nevertheless they do advertise car hire so maybe they are a little more accommodating these days! Their details are also on Fiscardo.com"

which gives a link to your website and acknowledges that things may well have "improved" for the non Ionian Holiday.

By the way as you have added your contact details and other services Tripadvisor may well decide your posting is advertising which is not allowed by companies on these forums. So they may well remove it

Bob

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

Bob - thank you.

Pama - all I can add to Bobs helpful clarification/reiteration to the content of my post is that it was I who conceded that my experience was dated. Had I felt inclined to contact you in March to clarify the 'current' car hire situation, or indeed the current level of rudeness, I couldn't have if your office does not open until the middle of April!

MRS Fiscardofan

london
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

We hired a car out of Pama two years ago in August; we just turned up and the person we dealt with was very helpful and sorted out a car in half an hour.

Couldn't fault them and will be hiring from them this year.

7. Re: Car hire in Fiscardo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations