We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter 2014

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Easter 2014

Hi, Does anyone know what tavernas and supermarkets will be open in Fiskardo or surrounding areas from Easter weekend on? Cant seem to find any information at all!! Thanks.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter 2014

Hi Tracy and welcome,

I am going to Agia Efimia for Easter. I have been assured that café/bars will be open and some tavernas. Easter Saturday is a special religious day so I am wondering if tavernas will be open that evening.

Google "Greek Easter" ,or put "Greek Easter in the search box on the top right of this page, for more info on how important it is and details of processions etc.

If Easyjet are flying there things will in general be open!

Here's hoping!!

Bob

wales
Level Contributor
248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter 2014

the weekend of easter its tradition for greek visitors to go in fiscardo for coffee or lunch.So many restaurants and cafe will be open.Generally in the most popular resorts like assos,skala,agia efthimia will be open restaurants and cafe in easter period and will remain open because after of a week start the major wave of charters flights.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter 2014

Hi Tracey

The largest tour operator for Fiscardo (Ionian Island Holidays) starts it's season with flights out on Easter Saturday (19th). As they have such a prescence in the area you can bet that there will be enough places open to accommodate their guests.

They actually host a large party on Easter Sunday but it's not clear whether it's open to all or just their own guests.

The tavernas in the nearby rural villages of Antipata and Maganos should also be open but I would think it highly unlikely that the Thai will be, they tend to start later and finish earlier than some of the traditional tavernas.

Friends who were staying in Fiscardo at the end of April 2012 found that many of the tavernas were offering good discounts off the normal menu prices.

Have a fabulous time!

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter 2014

Thanks everyone for the replies. We are going with Ionian and have been to Fiscardo and Assos before and love the area. Hope to enjoy spring on the island and get in some walking plus a much needed break for the four of us what seems a long winter!!!

Sounds like Easter Sunday will be great fun in Fiscardo! See you there!

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Assos
Assos
1,647 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter 2014

Hi again Tracey

If you haven't already seen it have a look at Ionians latest newsletter on their website, it gives quite a good description of what to expect by way of the Easter celebrations. You're in for a treat!

I would imagine that their feast/party is held at Captains Cabin as they appear to have strong links with it.

If you get chance on your return it would be lovely to have a trip report or update on this thread.

Kalo taxidi

Mentioned in this post
Captain's Cabin
Captain's Cabin
369 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter 2014

Hi Fiscardofan,

I was completing my Greek 'homework' today and came across this....

<< A village near Fiscardo is called 'Markantonata' and local legend say it was so named because Marcos Antonius (Mark Antony) once stayed there with the Egyptian queen Cleopatra >>

Kefalonia is full of 'historical wonderment' but I found this particular bit of information very fascinating

:) :) :)

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter 2014

That's really interesting Lozzinge, thanks for that.

We were either told, or read, some years ago that it was named after 2 brothers who owned the land in the area Markos and Andonis (sp?) with the 'ata' meaning belonging to or place of?

Goodness knows which is correct but I must say I prefer your version, thanks again for sharing!

8. Re: Easter 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations